Aftermath

Nia coughed as the dust settled around her

Nia coughed as the dust settled around her. Her ears ringing and her eyes blurry as she tried to focus on the sight around her.

As she tried to push herself off the slab she registered the pain in her lower abdomen. When she glanced down she noticed that the force of the blast had sent her flying forward and into the slab. But the slab she landed on had a pipe that was sticking out. The pipe now embedded into her stomach.

"Nia?" Someone spoke bringing her back into their reality.

Her ears finally registering the cries and screams of those wounded.

"Nia, are you okay?" The warrior asked about her well-being.

Not being able to form words as she simply nodded her head. She found the strength to be able to pull herself off the pipe. She winced slightly at the separation but pulled herself together. Despite her injuries she needed to be the healer she was. The wounded needed her. Her people needed her.

She made her way to the nearest person and assessed their injuries. She turned to the warriors surrounding her awaiting her orders. She told them to gather whatever supplies they could find and with that they left.

When she was by her side by herself she took the time to glance at the damage around her. Her village that once stood now laid in rubble. The people that were there trying to gather their senses as they looked around them. Nia was shocked by the whole scene that was in front of her. The mountain men destroyed her home.

On the other side of the village was more or less the same. Many helping the wound around them as best as they could. But some with injuries beyond their skill set.

Lincoln and Octavia stood and looked out at the devastation. The words Octavia had told him in the woods sparked the fight inside Lincoln. Now he was determined to help as many people as he could.

He had been trying to tunnel his way into the rubble wanting to help those underneath it. As he lifted the rubble he saw his former leader laying there.

"Indra! She's alive. Indra." He informed catching other's attention.

"Put me down, Reaper!" Indra demanded once she woke and realized who had pulled her out.

She stood from her position and looked at her village. Abby waited her closely not knowing her injuries. But before any of them could do anything else a gunshot sounded and Indra fell to the ground.

Everyone ducked and ran for cover while the gunshots continued to sound.

"Octavia, go!" Lincoln told her as he picked up Indra to find cover.

Nia's head snapped to the other side of the village. The sound of gunshots echoed throughout the trees. When the others returned with whatever they could find she had done nothing but try to help as many as she could. And in the moment where no one's eyes were on her did she glance at her wound.