Call A Truce

"Easy Fox

"Easy Fox. Breath." Nia instructed as she watched the younger girl in front of her level the bow. Fox was a quick learner than Nia would have thought. She only had a problem on the release.

Fox sighed as she put the bow down. "I can get it Ni. Can't you teach me something else?"

Nia shook her head as she smiled lightly at the girl. "You told me the sword was too heavy. Your combat skills are weak and trust me your doing great with the bow. Try one more time."

Fox lifted the bow and aimed the arrow but when she released it didn't travel so far. Fox dropped her head when she saw the arrow fall to the ground.

Nia took a breath before deciding to take another course of action. "Your good with a bow but let's try something else."

She walked over to her pack that laid beside a tree behind her. She reached inside and pulled out a bundle. Then she turned and walked back over to where she stood. She placed the bundle on the ground and looked back up to Fox. The young girl gave her a questioning look before Nia reached down and rolled the bundle open.

Inside the bundle lied knifes of different shapes. The laid in a perfect line as Nia reached down and picked on up. She handed it to Fox who looked at her before taking it. Once Fox had a hold of it Nia reached over and took the bow and quiver away. Fox felt the weigh of the blade between her fingers and looked back to Nia.

"Knives are easier. I didn't want to start with this because I feared you might not want to learn the others." Nia stated as she motioned for Fox to pose. "Like the bow you don't have to move so much. You can lace the tips with poison But it is smaller so you will need to have a precise aim and more force."

Nia picked up a knife and positioned herself to demonstrate for Fox. She aimed the knife and pulled her arm back and threw it forward. It flew through the air and embedded itself in the tree a few yards away from where they stood.

Fox looked at her in surprise before coping the same stance Nia had. She aimed the knife carefully and pulled her arm back. She took a breath before throwing the knife forward. The two both watched in anticipation as the knife cut through the air.

The younger girl smiled brightly and cheered when the knife was embedded into the tree. Nia shushed the girl quickly when she cried out in excitement. But she smiled at Fox nonetheless.

"I did it Nia! I did it!" Fox said as she hugged the older girl tight.

"That's good but you need to keep practicing." Nia reasoned as she picked up another knife and handed it to her.