Camp Jaha

The daylight shined down on them as the walked through the gates of Camp Jaha

The daylight shined down on them as the walked through the gates of Camp Jaha. They were all exhausted after they events that they had just been through. But what was a welcome sight was the families being reunited. After all they had endured they all needed some comfort to help them overcome it.

But as he stood there by the gates, watching the reunions happen he thought of her. He wondered if she was safe and okay even if had left them on the mountain. There was nothing he could've done to get her out of his mind. She lingered in every part of his mind.

When he glanced around, his attention drew to the two people outside the gates. They shared an embrace that made him wonder what was happening.

Monty gave him a sad smile as he walked passed him. He made his way over hoping to provide comfort for her. He could tell that her action in Mount Weather was weighting heavily on her shoulders.

"I think we deserve a drink." He addressed her.

"Have one for me." She said in a flat tone.

"Hey, we can get through this." He provided her support hoping it might help ease the guilt.

But the answer he received shocked him. Ever since he met Clarke he thought the last thing she would do was leave them. She had fought for all their lives and to leave now felt wrong.

"Clarke, if you need forgiveness, I'll give that to you. You're forgiven. Please, come inside." He begged not wanting to lose someone else close to him.

Sure he had gotten his friends back and his sister was safe but he couldn't help feeling defeated. Him and Nia were just beginning to have something and now it felt like it was slipping away.

A part of him knew that she hasn't return back to the mountain because she would be branded a traitor. But if he really meant something to her she wouldn't have cared about the title. If what they had was real she would have came to him. Even Lincoln had come back to Octavia. So why hadn't she.

All this seemed like too much to handle and right now he couldn't handle more. Right now he needed Clarke to stay.

"Take care of them for me." Clarke responded not ready to face all the consequences.

"Clarke." He tried to reason for her to change her mind.

But she wasn't about to. Wanting his to understand why she explained as best as she could.

"Seeing their faces every day, it's gonna remind me of what I did to get them here." The guilt seeping through her lips.

"What we did." He supported. They had both pulled the lever that killed the innocent and the guilt inside him began to rise. "You don't have to do this alone."

"I bear it, so they don't have to." She repeated the words that Dante had spoken. They seemed too perfect for this scenario. She gave him a hug before she turned to head into the treeline.