Chapter 8

-----------------------------

The moon's light was too bright, it gave light to the darkest corners of the room. You took that as a sign to get out of bed and actually do something even if it is your weekend.

It's been three weeks since you started helping Chanyeol every other day after school, which meant squashing everything on your schedule in order to finish your work on time after your long day, and that drained the hell out of you.

Today might've been your day off, but on checking your phone, a single text from Chanyeol meant that 'day off' should be completely exterminated from your dictionary.

Because why else would he text you if it wasn't for helping him out on his studies?

But his text seemed remotely skeptical. Pushing the warm duvet away, you got on your feet and started getting ready despite the little information that was included in his text.

He didn't say exactly the reason why he wanted to meet with you, but it wasn't like you had anything better to do.

On unlatching your apartment's door, you saw two figures pressed against one another. It was either you sneak to the stairs and leave the building or you get back inside, shut your door, and pretend you are sick or something.

Before you could make your final settlement, you took one last look at the two people in front of you. Their voices were getting louder by each passing second, their words were coherent enough for you to eavesdrop.

"She's taking too long!" That was the only thing you heard before one of the two stepped forward into the light. It felt like you got caught spying on them, but your swift hear beats eased on seeing Sehun's face. "Finally! Let's get going, we've been waiting for almost half an hour."

Chanyeol's massive figure emerged from the darkness, "we've knocked about ten times. It's cold out here." He rubbed his hands over his arms, hoping for a flow of warmth.

"Why didn't you call me? Why are you both here anyway?" You asked, finally feeling comfortable to get out of your hiding spot.

"We are all gathered at his place," Sehun pointed at the drowsy, messy-haired guy beside him.

.

The loud, blasting music and haywire hollers were audible from a distance. It was a one, great mess of brainless people when you set foot inside Chanyeol's house.

Before you could take in the sight in front of you, Sun-mi effortlessly snatched you away from between the two guys towering over you.

"Where have you been? Weren't you supposed to visit me after detention yesterday?"

"I'm sorry! I went to eat with Chanyeol afterwards, then–"

"You've been hanging out with Chanyeol a lot lately. I feel replaced," her eyes widened at the sudden confession. She averted her gaze to look anywhere but your eyes.

You understand her too well, and the fact that she exposed her true feelings, that definitely meant she was bottling them for a while now. 

"I am never replacing you!" You spoke louder than you'd visualized.

When she finally spared you a look, you were able to spot tears in the brim of her eyes. Steadily, you took a step forward and firmly, but delicately, held her crossed-over-her-chest arms.

"I'm never prioritizing a guy over our three-year-old friendship," you said it with the most assuring tone you had summoned. Her body shook with laughter when you emphasized the word 'guy'.

Her reaction and your words were more than enough to keep her worries and doubts at bay. 

"Are you both okay?" Min-seok appeared out of thin air. When he concluded that everything was established once again, he tugged onto the sleeves of your jackets and you found yourself mingling in the chaos of the others.

---------------------------------

A/N:

Hello! I'm back with a new update. That's literally a filler chapter and it's very short :(

Anyhow~ I hope you enjoyed reading it. 

I'm not sure if I'd be able to update anytime soon because of my exams. But I'll try to write every now and then in order to update. 

wait for ✨chapter 9✨