Chapter 11

_______________________

A week almost passed and the final exam was around the corner, but regardless, Chanyeol wasn't able to suppress the fluttery feeling of eagerness anymore. He somehow managed to plan the entire day you'd all go out. And it took everyone by surprise when that day had already came without anyone's knowledge. 

It was only Chanyeol who looked spirited and awake. Baekhyun looked like he hadn't had a taste of sleep, and knowing Sun-mi, she pulled an all-nighter the day before to cover the exam materials and calm the distress gnawing at the insides of her stomach. 

"Chanyeol, we've been walking for the past twelve minutes," you spoke first, assuming no one had any energy left to utter a word.

"We're almost there." He pointed at a coffee shop that appeared as you passed by a block of restaurants. 

On entering and taking a seat on one of the empty tables beside the floor-to-ceiling windows, Baekhyun plopped his head on the table and started to mutter blurred words under his breath. Sun-mi threw her head back, the back of the sofa giving her support.

Chanyeol held the menu, eyes sparkling and mouth watering already. "The desserts look appetizing."

"They better be or I'm flipping you off."

"No need to be aggressive."

"We could've gone to your place and you could've baked us something, but no, you had to drag me out of bed."

"Chanyeol could bake?" Sun-mi asked.

You peeked from behind the menu, suddenly the conversation piqued your interest. Each time your thoughts wander to Chanyeol, you notice how little you know about him. Four months had almost passed and the only thing you know about him is how much he sucks in science. 

"We could meet up after the exams and I'll bake you something," Chanyeol delicately smiled. 

"You said that we would meet after the exams last time, but here we are choosing a dessert."

Answering Baekhyun's words with disregard, Chanyeol called for the waiter and ordered for everyone.

.

Chanyeol tugged at Baekhyun's sleeve to get him up and moving. He dragged him around, and that seemed like the only way to get him to move. You and Sun-mi were just behind the two stubborn men trying to catch up to them, but it was to no avail. Only you were able to heave a euphoric sigh of relief at the park coming into sight.

Chanyeol eventually let go of Baekhyun's now crumpled clothes once he set foot underneath the shadows of the tall trees of the park. He stood with a hand on hip, eyes focusing on Sun-mi. Your vision was hazy from the tough sunlight, it wasn't possible for you to notice that odd look that somehow appeared like a message for Sun-mi only to understand.

"I'm about to pass out. Let's take a seat in the shadows," she said, dragging Baekyun with her.

"We'll take a walk until you both rest." With that, Chanyeol held your hand and started walking in the opposite direction. It was a bit too much of dragging people around for one day, but the eagerness that was planted on Chanyeol's face, and his surprisingly bright demeanor for the day, showed that there was more of tugging and pulling onto other's sleeves.

He outlined every second of the entire day and despite hating to do things his way, he wouldn't want it to go wrong. 

"I've never seen you that excited before," you remarked.

The tips of his ears reddened. Your eyes moved to take notice of them when he hid them with his hands. "And?!" He struggled to look for a clever reply in his befuddled state.

Chanyeol, who never failed to reply back almost immediately to every remark, was lost for words.

You shook your head, hoping to keep your victorious smile hidden. You spared Chanyeol one last look before linking your arm with his. It was your turn now to guide him around, even if you didn't know where to go next. 

If it wasn't for the casual silence that followed, your thoughts wouldn't have drifted to Sun-mi's words, recalling every time she mentioned Chanyeol. Was he someone you saw as more than just a friend? That's something for you to uncover, but not with the lack of knowledge you had of the guy idly walking beside you.

"So you can bake, huh?" 

"You sound surprised," he raised a proud eyebrow. "You think all I do is laze around?" You shrugged, but then nodded when he moved to look at you. "That's very humiliating. You've such a bad idea about me. I'm so much better than that, just so you know!"

"Of course!" You rejoiced with sarcasm dripping from every syllable. 

He released a sigh, knowing full well that it's no use to say anything more but he wasn't going to let it slide. "Now tell me. What do you do, then?" 

"You might not know this, but I'm a very busy person."

"Really?" He said with tease obvious in his tone.

You spotted a bench amidst bundles of flowers, you took a seat in the middle leaving almost no space left for him. "You know I hate showing off, but since you asked, I sometimes tutor others after school and I like gardening," you said.

"Wait, I thought I'm the only one you tutor."

You shook your head, finding satisfaction from the puzzled look on his face. "Why would you be the only one I tutor?"

"I thought I was special," he said, taking a seat beside you despite the small space left for him to occupy. 

"Guess you're not."

He looked at you, feigning bitterness. "That was painful!"

_______________________
A

/N:

Happy pride month! I'm so proud of you and I support! <3

Stay safe! <3

(wait for ✨chapter 12✨)