Chapter 10.5

-------------------------

It wasn't until Chanyeol parted ways with you that he was finally able to tell Baekhyun about the 'hang out' freely. It was a date in disguise and everyone was sure of that fact, only you and Chanyeol were blind to that.

At least that was how everyone viewed it as.

"You want me to...?" Sun-mi exchanged quick looks with Baekhyun before setting her attention back to Chanyeol.

"Just play along as if both of you are on a date together, okay?" he asked, eyes glittering with plead.

"So you admit it's a date?"

"No! I'm testing something."

The looks each and everyone gave him were too overwhelming. It was evident from the bead of sweat forming at his forehead and his excessive hand gestures.

"He's probably trying to assess his feelings,"Min-seok commented.

A wave of panic roamed through Chanyeol's body. "I want to spend more time with Y/N, that's all."

The intolerable stress that weighed on his chest was immense. They gave him the impression that he was supposed to feel something toward you, something more than those platonic feelings he had.

"Can you stop this?" he finally summoned all the boldness in him to ask. "Don't you think you've taken this way too far?" His eyebrows lowered, causing a crease to form between them. His wide eyes narrowed, portraying all the words he wished he could've said on several events.

Their lips tightened, forming a thin line. They got too carried away without realizing.

"Oh, we're sorry. We didn't know you'd be...uncomfortable."

"We're talking about his feelings here," Chen remarked.

Chanyeol's hand moved to ruffle his hair furiously. "Yes, of course. You're talking about my feelings as if it's your business, while in fact, I didn't even ask any of you to enlighten me with your thoughts on the matter." With those words said, he walked away without meeting anyone's eye.

The stress that weighed heavily on his shoulders ever since he was a young boy was enough for him. He didn't need more on his plate. Maybe he acted irrationally.

He was aware they were playfully teasing, but not when the boundaries were over overstepped. The pressure to feel this instead of that, to do what others wanted him to just for the sake of earning their esteem and affection. He couldn't live like that forever.

It was agonizing hearing these words again, especially when these words were uttered by those who he was fond of.

---------------------------------