pt.1 Save || Bill

The sudden chorus of rattling lockers near you caught you off guard as you were putting some books away

"Hey there B-B-Bill, still looking for your dead brother?" You heard and without needing to look, you already knew who it was.
Henry Bowers and his goons were harassing Bill Denbrough again but by the looks of it, Bill wasn't going to take it sitting down this time.
"F-Fuck you, H-Henry." Bill snapped before pushing the bully back with all the strength he could muster up, obviously angry at the mention of his brother.
Henry stumbled back into Belch and Victor while Patrick slugged Bill into the stomach, making him hunch over in pain. The older boy then forced the boy's back into the lockers again, the locks probably digging into his back. As if they were on autopilot, Belch and Victor reached out to grab hold on to Bill's arms to hold him still while Patrick stepped to the side to let Henry through. With a sinister smile plastered on his face, Henry stepped closer to Bill.
"And what if I don't? You gonna make me disappear like Georgie?" You heard the other three idiots laugh but there was nothing funny about it. You quickly glanced up and down the hallway, trying to see if there was an adult near by that could stop all of this before it got out of hand but unfortunately there was no one. School was out for at least an hour now so you didn't know why you even got your hopes up in the first place. "How about you join him, B-B-Bill?"
You heard a swift click slice through the air that made you bring your attention back to the boys.
Bill's face visibly paled as the gleam of Henry's knife caught his eyes.
Henry seemed to want to go even farther than usual but you've had enough. He crossed the line the moment he even decided to bully people but the moment Georgie's name left his lips and he took out his knife, he was taking it way too far.
You hastily closed your book bag and threw it at Henry's head, mentally thanking your dad for trying to teach you how to throw a baseball the other summer. It must have been your lucky day because your throw was spot on and it hit him square in the face.
Finding your courage you then grabbed the largest book in your locker and rushed over to Victor and Belch. Cracking Victor over the head before throwing the book itself at Belch, you tried to grab Bill's hand and make your great escape but before, you could you felt a hand weave into your ponytail. Henry harshly yanked you back while your hands instantly reached up to pry his fingers out of your hair.
Hissing from the pain, you had no other choice but to follow the pull back and soon you found yourself face to face with Henry Bowers himself.
"H-Hey, let her go!" Bill lunged forward but Victor shoved him back.
"I don't think I will!" Henry screamed, shaking your head back and forth vigorously with every word. "I don't think I will." He said again in a calmer demeanor, the evil glint in his eyes making you uneasy. "I think Y/N deserves to be taught a lesson, don't you think boys?" Henry traced the dull side of the knife along your cheek before pausing at the junction where your jaw and your ear met. He leaned closer to you, whispering in your ear. "This is what you get for not minding your own business."
Having had enough of his bullshit tough guy act, you let your mouth run wild and free, not entirely caring about the repercussions at the moment.
"It's kind of hard to mind my own god damn business when your ugly ass mullet is in everyone's face don't you think, Bowers? Now let me go!" You thrashed and kicked against his hold, even scratching at his hands if it'd loosen up just a little bit.
"L-L-Let her go, H-Henry!" Bill struggled against Victor but had no luck of getting free.
"You'd like that wouldn't you Bill?" He laughed as he pushed the tip of the blade against your skin, breaking the surface right underneath your eye. You closed your eyes, afraid to see what he was doing to you. He leisurely pushed the blade across your skin, milliliter by milliliter.
"Stop!" You heard Bill scream but Henry seemed to be too focused on you to care.
"Henry..." Victor mumbled loosening up his grip on Bill, looking unsure about the whole situation.
"What!" Henry turned his attention away from you to glare at the other boy. You took the opportunity to snatch the knife out of his hands and cut yourself free. A few strands of your once long hair flowing down to the floor while the rest stayed clenched in Henry's hand. Scrambling to your feet, you hurried to grab hold of Bill's hand before practically dragging him down the hall with Bowers and his goons in hot pursuit. You'd get your bag some other time, maybe when your possibilities of dying weren't so high.
"Get back here!" The two of you heard them yell after you.
Using your shoulder, you rammed into the school doors, pushing them open. The harsh sunlight momentarily blinding you. Looking behind you, you made sure to look Henry in the eyes before chucking his knife into the bushes as far as you can.
"Have fun finding that, fucker!" You threw him the bird, watching as he visibly turned an unhealthy shade of red. Tugging Bill in the other direction, the two of you hurried out of their sight.

You and Bill ran all the way back to his house.
"I-I think we're safe now." You panted as you leaned on the wooden rails on Bill's porch, out of breathe.
"Y-Yeah..." Bill nodded. He wasn't as out of breathe as you were but you figured that was because he had more stamina than you did from all the biking he did with his friends. The two of you took a few more minutes to recollect yourselves before Bill spoke up again. "I-I-I'm sorry ab-bout your hair."
Looking down to the unfamiliar sight of loose chucks of hair sprawled around your shoulder, it finally hit you what happened. Slowly reaching up to touch the bunt cut, you held a plank expression on your face.
To be honest, it scared Bill how quiet you were. He's heard how important a girl's hair was to them and he felt bad that it got cut because of him.
Taking a deep breath, you tried to smile as you held back tears. "It's ok! Its just hair plus I've been meaning to cut it away." You waved him off as to not worry him. "What about you though? You ok?" You leaned toward him, examining his face for bruises or cuts.
Bill was taken back by your sudden closeness and quickly averted his eyes to look somewhere else. He did note how pretty you were before looking away though. "I-I'm fine."
"That's good!" You pulled back with a smile on your face, pleased that he wasn't hurting anywhere. You felt an itchy feeling on your arm and turned to see what it was when you felt something push a strand of hair behind your ear. Looking back up, you met eyes with Bill.
"H-H-How about y-you? You ok?" Once your eyes met and the tuft of hair was neatly tucked behind your ear, Bill retracted his hand back to his side.
You could feel the light blush on your cheeks as you smiled at him. "Just peachy."
He smiled right back at you before pulling a little bit of his flannel's sleeve down and wiping the blood from your cheek.
"Thanks." You said quietly, your cheeks turning a darker shade of red.
"N-No problem."
Not wanting to stay too long and make the moment awkward, you decided to was time to head home.
"I'll see you around, Bill." You smiled before moving to step off the porch, already thinking of ways to explain your hair to your mother.
"W-Wait Y/N!" You made it as far as the front lawn when Bill called back to you. "Can I-I walk you home?" He stammered.
"I'd like that." And like the gentleman he was, Bill walked you safely back to your house and later that evening your book bag and books were mysteriously returned back to you.
Needless to say, that was the day you developed a crush on Bill Denbrough.