It Wasn't Real || Losers Club

You hadn't hesitated, not once. Not for your friends, not now, not ever. You'd done it for them. Done it to help Bill, to help Richie and Eddie, and Beverly, Ben, Mike, Stan. All of them.

But it seemed, now in this moment, they didn't care.

"Open the door!" You screamed, "please! Please!" Your hands banged ruthlessly against the wooden door, trying everything to get it open. But no matter how hard you tried, it just wouldn't budge. "Guys, please. Open the door!" You weren't sure if it was them or someone else, but the door had shut on it's own and now you couldn't get it open again.

"Why would we open it?" A gasp escaped your lips, spinning around too fast for your own pace as Richie's voice echoed around you. Smacking your back against the bedroom door behind you, you tried to look for someone through the thick darkness. "Why would want to ever open it?"

"R-Richie?" You called out, a tinge of hesitancy in your voice. "Are you there?" You asked, your fingernails scratching against the wood. You barely noticed the pain you caused yourself in the midst of your panic. Barely noticed the eery sound you made as the wood was scratched.

"You're nothing." A different voice. Bill.

"You've never been anything." Beverly.

"And now, you'll never be something." Eddie.

"I-I... i don't understand." You whimpered, finding yourself at a lost of words. You couldn't see anything, it was only dark and black and nothing. There was no light, there wasn't anything to see. How could they be speaking to you? When a moment ago they'd been outside the door you were now separated by. "It isn't real. It isn't real. It's not real!" You repeated, over and over.

"Not real?" Ben.

"Why wouldn't this be real?" Mike.

"When we finally have the chance to get rid of you?" Stan.

"No." You whispered, shaking your head. None of this made any sense! "No! No!"

"No?" Then suddenly, the lights flipped on and you could see everything. Your friends stood before you in a line, all disfigured and bloodied. You cringed at the sight, pressing yourself as tight as you could against the wall though it did nothing. Closing your eyes, you tried to stop your frantic breathing but it was useless, as your sobs slipped past. "Why no?" Bill asked, tilting his head in an unnatural way.

"Afraid?" Eddie smiled. "You're never afraid."

"Don't tell me..." Beverly started, her hand against her chest; "you're afraid of us?"

"But isn't this not real?" Ben reminded, and you watched with wide eyes.

"Or... is it?" Mike asked, and you felt your knees quake beneath you.

"Oh, it's real." Stan declared. You let out a whimper, hitting the back of your head against the door. "Your fear, I can smell it. It's always been real." Stan's voice grew out of tone, as if it wasn't him.

"Aren't you afraid, Y/N?" Richie asked, stepping through the rest and making his presence known as he stood in the middle. Though, the second you blinked your eyes, it was no longer Richie and no longer did your friends stand there. Instead, stood IT.

Letting out a scream, you spun around, your hands coming up to bang on the door and jiggle the knob. "Let me out! Open the door!"

"Get the fucking door open!" Richie screamed, and it took you half a second to realize that it was him, behind the door. Had he been there the entire time? "I'm trying!" Stan yelled, and you felt the doorknob move beneath your grip. Had they been there the entire time?

"Time to play, Y/N." You felt your heart spike at IT's voice, and when you turned your head he was running at you. His speed was alarming but you only turned back to the door, yanking desperately.

"Hang o-on Y/N!"

"Please!" You screamed, "please!"

You felt your body fall forward and wind rush through your hair, just as IT's hands grazed your back. Though before your body could fall against the harsh ground you felt hands grab you. In your panic-stricken mind, you let out a blood-curling scream and you fought the grip, believing it to be IT. "Don't touch me!"

"Y/N! Y/N!" A voice called and there were hands on your face, but you couldn't focus. Your mind was running wild. "It's Stan, Y/N! It's okay, it's okay!" Blinking, you felt your vision focus on what was before you; Stan. And then you saw Bill, and Eddie and Richie and...

"You left me!" Was the first thing that left your lips, in a shrill high-pitched tone. "You left me! You wouldn't open the door!"

"No, no, Y/N. W-We tried to get the door open, it wouldn't- wouldn't-" Richie tried to explain, his own words running over one another. "We wouldn't leave you." He finished at last. But your mind was too wild, too gone for you to listen and instead you only continued to sob.

"Where's the rest?" Eddie asked aloud, looking past your bedroom hallway. "Get in here!"

"W-We would never... Y-Y/N we tried. T-That has to count for something." Bill explained in a haste, holding onto you as he'd been the one to catch you as you fell. You heard footsteps, many footsteps and you flinched until you saw it was only the rest of your friends. Beverly, Ben, Mike...

"You wouldn't open the door..." You breathed, your voice suddenly a lot quieter. "You said I was nothing."

"We tried." Stan shook his head, gripping your face with force so you could focus on what was in front of you.

"I-It wasn't real..." Bill panted.

Beverly fell before you and she smiled much like before, but this time it was kind. "You'd never be nothing to us." She soothed, her hand coming out to grab yours.

"Y-Yeah, you're too hot to forget." Richie laughed, and you let out a small chuckle yourself. Evening out your breathing, your eyes found your bedroom and the scratches against the door, the scratches you made. That wasn't fake... but the rest had been.

Falling into Stan, you pulled Mike into you and the rest followed.

It wasn't real.