Attention || Richie

You had sprinted him from school that day to avoid him

You had sprinted him from school that day to avoid him.. you didn't want anything to do with him ever again. This was the last straw.

Everything was a game, or a joke with Richie. This time it was serious, and he blew you off.
You thought back to earlier that day.

"H-hey Richie.. do you have a sec?" You squeaked.
"Dude. What do you want? I don't have time right now."
"Oh... I-I'm sorry..." Tears quickly developed in your eyes. You wiped them away and tried to pretend like you were fine. You pulled your backpack closer to you, turned around, and sped to your next class. You spent the rest of the day avoiding him and the rest of the Loser Club.

~~~~ back to present time oooo yes good writing skillz~~~

"Y/N! Richie's here!" You got up out of your bed and quietly walked down the stairs.

There he stood in your doorway with his shirt buttoned up and tucked into his shorts. You padded your way outside and shut the door behind.

"What are you doing here Tozier?" You damn near punched him in the face.

"Umm? We're going to the arcade. You're coming right?" He STILL didn't realize what he had done earlier.

"No. I'm not coming. Now, leave Tozier." You went to go back into the house when he caught your wrist.

"Wait, Y/N! Talk to me. What's wrong?" You turned to look at his face. It was sad.. He's almost always happy and cheery.

You pulled your wrist out of his grasp. "Fuck off Richie."

He chuckled a little; "well, okay... uhm if you wanna i guess we can" You stifled a laugh, and whipped away your tears. He was serious again, "Y/N... I'm so sorry..."

You punched his arm lightly, "hey.. don't sweat it."

"No. It's not okay... I need to pay attention to you more." His hand came up and caressed your cheek.
Your cheeks instantly flushed pink.

"R-Richie... I-" he cut you off and pressed his lips to yours. It was quick and sweet. He chuckled under his breath.

"So... You coming to the arcade?" You smiled and nodded. He grabbed your hand and sprinted down from the porch and down the street.

All of a sudden he stopped under a spotlight. "You see this spotlight. This is our place. Anytime you need me, I'll be here for you." He pulled you into a hug and whispered; "I love you so much Y/N." The two of you pulled away and continued your walk to the Arcade. Every few blocks he would stop and peck you on the cheek. You were the happiest now, with Richie, more than you had been in years.