Study || Stan Uris

You had always been the sporty type

You had always been the sporty type. That was just the way that it had always been. You didn't know why and you didn't care. You were who you were. Playing basketball and hockey and running on the track team was part of your life. Nothing made you feel better than dumping your school books in your locker and putting on your sports kit with the Derry logo on the back.
Until you started to slip in your classes, that was. It was almost summer but not quite when you got a C in a math test rather than your usual A. The next week you forgot to hand in your English essay, not that it really mattered because you were taking part in extra basketball training instead of reading your assigned chapters of Nineteen-Eighty-Four by George Orwell. You were starting to freak out a little, and when I say a little, I mean a lot.
That's why you made the decision to go and speak to Stanley Uris, top of almost every class, sweetheart, loser. None of that really mattered. You just needed help and fast. When lunchtime came that day, you saw him standing alone at his locker taking out a biology textbook. Taking a deep breath, you went over to him.
"Stan Uris, right?"
He looked up with knitted eyebrows. "Yes?"
"I didn't mean to bother you but I was wondering if you would help me out?"
"Y/N, right? You're in a few of my classes. What's up?"
"Well, I've been focusing on my sport a lot recently when I probably should have been focusing on my school work, and I was wondering if you'd be able to help me catch up? I was thinking that if you're free after school we could start?"
Stan looked a little bit surprised, probably because he didn't expect you to come to him.
"S-sure," He replied, "Do you want to come over to my place?"
"Yeah if that's okay. Can we start with maths?"
"Yeah, alright. I'll uhm- I'll meet you outside school this afternoon?"
"Okay. Thank you, Stanley."
"No problem." Stan's voice broke a little and he walked off, leaving you smiling to yourself.
The day passed by pretty quickly. It was uneventful, and even though you probably should have been concentrating on your class, you couldn't stop thinking about Stan for some reason. When the bell finally rang signifying the end of the day, you practically ran out of the classroom and to the front of school where Stan was already waiting for you, leaning against the trunk of an oak tree reading.
"Hey Stan," You smiled, "Ready to go?"
"Oh hey, Y/N," He put his book in his backpack, "Let's get going. Those equations won't solve themselves."
Stan's house was actually really nice. He led you through to the dining room where a table and chairs sat. You both sat down and pulled notebooks and textbooks out of your bags along with calculators. You hated math, and by the look on his face, so did Stan.
The two of you worked for an hour or so before you slammed your textbook shut. Stan jumped a little and then laughed.
"Had enough?" He asked with a massive smile on his face
"For sure. I cannot look at any more numbers for one day."
"Why don't we go and get milkshakes? My treat?"
It was your turn to be stunned. "Stanley Uris, are you asking me on a date?"
"Maybe." Stan looked down and blushed
"Come on then," You stood up, "We're losing daylight."
You left your textbooks open on the table and made your way to the Diner that sold the best milkshakes in town. You couldn't help but think that asking Stan to help tutor was the best idea that you'd ever had.