Enervate

Stuffing clothes and bed sheets into a black sack bag hastily, I looked around my room. For any damaging evidence of last night or anything that could mislead anyone was going in the bin.

As if I could wipe away the act with some cleaning and moving of furniture. I couldn't. But I still tried.

Rushing through the apartment, I failed to see the lurking figure until the deep baritone voice spoke causing a glass to slip from my fingers and smash across the floor.

"GOD DAMMIT ZAK! HOW MANY TIMES?!" I yelled at him furiously.

His brow lifted at my tone but he still stepped across the broken glass to pick me up off the floor and carry me to safety so that no glass went into my bare feet.

Setting me down gently, I lowered my head feeling the instant sting of me being a bitch to him. It takes two to tango..

His hand lifted my chin gently, making my eyes look up into his mixed hazel eyes. Grey was prominent today, I found comfort in the grey..

"Just calm down." He whispered soothing his thumb across my warm cheeks.

Feeling myself get flustered I swallowed and nodded. Before stepping back subtly as he moved away, creating some distance would be good for me right now.. To avoid that leather and Vanilla scent that caused me to do stupid things.

Zak cleared up the glass quickly and used the hoover as well before deeming the area safe.

"Thank you." I replied giving him a small smile.

"So, going somewhere or just self loathing over sex?" He asked outright making me choke on the air I breathed.

"E-excuse me?"

"Well judging by the urgency you're walking around with, the black bag and the way you took off from Billy's.. Kat are you okay?" He asked sitting in the couch opposite me.

I nodded "Yep. Peachy."

His lips curled at the end before he let out a soft laugh. "You're full of shit. You're regretting it. Aren't you?"

My teeth took in the inside of my lip as I began to bite and chew on it mulling over my answer.

Did I really regret it? I mean truthfully? Could I sit on this couch opposite him and tell him that I didn't enjoy the moments of pure bliss, that it meant nothing?

"Did you know I had feelings for you? More than the no strings we arranged before my accident?" I asked randomly causing Zak to sit back slightly.

"What?" He questioned.

"Did you know I had feeling for you, more than the no strings we had arranged?" I repeated.

His eyes cast over my face, landing on the top of my chest, no doubt seeing the heaving of my chest.

"Katy-"

"Answer the question." I forced out noticing the emotions in his eyes shut down.

"It's not that sim-"

"Yes it is. Answer the question."

"Yes." He threw in making my breathing pause before a hard thump in my chest reminded me that I needed to oxygen.

"But I-.. You.." Lost for words, I gave up speaking just to stare at him in confusion and disgust.

My stare had him squirming in his seat until a harsh sigh left his lips whilst he drew his hand over his face "It's not how it sounds. That, I promise. I- I had an inclination that maybe you did. But nothing was ever confirmed. The lines between us got blurred, you know that. And sometimes, sometimes I felt things too." He explained.