Disappointment

My nails were imbedded into the leather seat of his car as my chest heaved. My eyes were shooting from the speedo to the cars that we were almost flying past.

"Fuck. Fuck!" He shouts slamming his hand against the steering wheel before throwing the car in and out of the gaps.

"Please slow down.." I whisper but it's fallen on deaf ears as his rage has taken over.

"How can you not know?! How can you not feel anything in there?!" He accuses.

"It's a baby not an alien?! And why are you so angry?"

"Why am I?! Jeeze I wonder why?!" He shouts throwing the car between a lorry and another car causing the truck driver to blast his horn.

My eyes widen as the horn takes me back to a time I'd rather forget. Suddenly I'm on the wrong side of the car, my leg is on fire with pain, my throat is restricting and then I see her...

She's stood in the middle of the road ahead of us, holding her teddy bear with her head tilted to the side.

"Zak. Zak."

He's going to hit her. Ghost or not, he's going to plough through her!

"Zak!"

Sweat is escaping my pores, my body is trembling and I let go of the seat and curl up.

"Zak! ZAAAAAAK!" I scream as I clench my eyes shut.

I feel the brakes being pushed and the car slowing but I know it's too late. I don't move from the foetal position in the seat until the car comes to full stop. Conveniently outside a Walmart.

"Kat–"

I fly at him, lashing out with my fists as I hit him in the chest in anger. Until he grabs them to his chest leaving me to struggle, then I cry.

"I'm sorry I was mad a-"

"Get the hell off me now!" I order pulling on my wrists.

"Katy."

"Is it seriously that bad?!" I ask making him frown. "Is the idea of having a child with me really that bad? Having a family and growing old together?!"

"Sweetheart-"

"Don't you sweetheart me! You've just drove like a complete imbecile! With me! In the car! After everything!!" I yell.

I snatch my wrists back, unplug my belt and grab my bag between my feet. "You can drive back to Vegas alone! I'm not getting back in this car!" I spit before flinging the door open and get out.

Zak is out and coming around the car towards me when I begin to back up. "Touch me and I'll scream." I warn causing his footsteps to stop.

"Look, please get back into the car so we can talk."

"Why?"

"Why?" He asks "Why? Because we need to talk about if you are pregnant and what we are going to do with it."

"What we are going to do with it? It's a baby, and we aren't going to do anything. You've made your feelings clear. If I am, then I'm keeping the baby. Whether you like it or not." I hiss.

"Really? After everything? You think bringing a baby up in this environment is healthy?"

"I will manage–"