Incalculable

"Shh!" A hush sounded as I stirred on the bed. The commotion of bodies had me waking up from a perfect nap. One where I was walking along the beach, waves tickling my ankles as it lapped the shore, my feet sinking gently from the wet sand beneath them. Whilst a gentle breeze lifted my hair and my hand was clasped in a much bigger and warm one. I knew the hand belonged to Zak and I simply smiled at the perfect scenery.

"Bacon. Put the cig out now!" Zak hissed. "I don't want her smelling that in her sleep."

"The smoke isn't even in here." Bacon complained back.

"Bro I've got asthma too." Zak reminded him.

"But I wanna se-"

"Put it down then." Zak insisted.

I opened my eyes to find Zak sat on the edge of the bed blocking my view, sensing my awakening, his head snapped around.

"Hey.." He spoke giving me a soft smile.

"What's wrong?" I asked seeing the worry behind his eyes.

"Nothing, it's nothing for you to worry abo-"

"Bad weather coming out way!" Bacon called out to another person, it was then I looked to see that we were in fact at a Walmart.

"Bad weather?" I questioned making Zak clench the controller in his hand tighter.

"Like I said, nothing to worry about." He forced out before reaching back to take my hand.

"The lockdown. Zak it's in the middle of a fi-"

"I know. I know. But the house is strong. It's withstood a lot, a bit of rain can't hurt.. can it?" He asked.

I shook my head "I guess not, base can be easily moved indoors too." I concluded making him nod also.

"Exactly, see? Nothing to worry about."

"Then why are you?" I asked placing a kiss on his whitening knuckles. His grip relaxed on the controller as he turned towards me a little more.

"I'm worried about you, that's all. I know you don't like thunder..."

I lowered my eyes from his feeling a little embarrassed "Don't remind me. I will be okay though, I'm gonna be brave."

His chuckle made me smile, it was a sound I enjoyed hearing and only wished I could hear it more often. "Of course you will be... Won't stop me worrying though." He whispered kissing my forehead before pulling himself back to the TV.

" He whispered kissing my forehead before pulling himself back to the TV

The past...

I loved his house, every last brick of it. The whole place fascinated me on its style and elegance.

But that all soon changed...

"Zak. Zak stop it!" I complained huddled into the couch, my face pushed into the back of one collies fur. My eyes just peeking over her head.