Solidarity

"Owh-h-hh."

"It's okay. Easy.." He whispers as I wake up in a heap on the floor. "I'm here. Just take your time, don't try and get up."

"Ouch." I whisper feeling my knees throb from the impact on the bathroom tiles. "Why?"

"I don't know sweetie. Just lay against me for a little while okay?" He speaks pulling me flat against his chest and between his knees.

My head lays back on his shoulder as he holds me protectively. "I'm sorry for shouting at you." I speak looking at the ceiling.

"Yeah I'm sorry too.. I mean, what a way to end an argument. Jesus, you've scared the living shit out of me."

I smile lazily and close my eyes "The room keeps moving."

"Okay sweetie.. Just take a few minutes, we need to get to a hospital."

"No."

"Katy-"

"No. Zak. No."

"You've been seriously ill, you keep getting sick, the doctors need to record this. What if you're really poorly?"

I scoff a laugh "Sick, ill, poorly. All the same."

"Yep and all need a doctor. Just breathe for a few minutes. Try not to talk."

"Hmm." I respond.

His heart thumps in his chest aggressively and I notice the shower has cut out or been turned off. I sigh at the smell of his skin and the warmness of his body.

I don't want to leave here.. I'm happy here.

I should be happy here.

A soft moan leaves my throat as he inhales against my neck. "I'm sorry for all the arguing. I don't want us to split. Not after we've been through so much together." I breathe.

"I know babe. Just.. Please don't try and speak. I'm tearing my hair out here wanting to know why this has happened."

"Shouting." I murmur.

"Yes I know, I'm sorry about the shouting too."

"N-No.. Shouting."

"No more shouting, just shh." He soothes my hair back.

I shake my head "Happened cause I shouted."

"I- it happened because.. Blood pressure? Shit I don't know. I need my phone, I need a doctor... Okay um. We're going to move into the bedroom okay? I'm going to get up and pick you up."

"No." I complain not wanting to be out of this protective nook. My hands reach out and hold his arms into place. "Stay."

"We can't stay like this, I need to get you to a hospital."

"I'm fine."