Soothing

When I first open my eyes in the morning, I'm faced with the situation of Zak being led on me, his face pushed into my chest whilst his arms pin me to the bed. Thankfully, only one of his legs are thrown over mine.

The feeling of dread and the unnerving situation of losing Billy is lessened when Zak stirs and grumbles.

"Good morning." I whisper reaching down to play with his hair, eliciting another grumble.

"It can't be already."

"Yes sir. Sleep well?" I question, already knowing the answer.

"Fanfuckingtastic. In fact, I'm a huge fan of this spot." He replies nuzzling his head against my chest.

Casting my eyes around my room, I smile softly, it was breathtakingly gorgeous. The bed was amazing, and the white sheets... Perfect.

My mind wandered away with me, thinking of a future, of what is to become of myself and Zak.

"What are you thinking about?" He questions.

"Us, Billy, everything." I respond.

He gave my hip a gentle squeeze. "He'll come around to the idea of us. We just have to give him time."

"You didn't see him Zak. He was so angry..."

Zak sighed and rolled off me, feeling cold, I sat up slightly as he moved to the end of the bed. His tattoo stretching as he rolled his shoulders before straightening up his back. "So what do you want to do?" He asks rubbing his head.

"What do you mean? What do I want to do? What can I do?" I query frowning slightly.

"Are you gonna call this off between us?"

"N-no. No absolutely not." I reply honestly.

"Because I'm telling you Kate, I don't want to go down that route..."

"Zak.."

"I'm going to have to make some breakfast." He insists standing up and heading towards the door in a pair of black boxers. "I'll get your painkillers and antibiotics too."

"Zak."

He pauses long enough to look at my face "I'm in it for the long haul, if you are."

His hand reaches for my robe, unhooking it, he turns to look at me again "I wouldn't be here if I wasn't." He replies before pulling the purple robe around himself and leaving the bedroom.

Of course his answer has me grinning from ear to ear, to know that he's thinking long term as well is not only a sentiment to our relationship but to how committed he is as well. Stretching life into my limbs, I grab his shirt off the floor and leave the bedroom to hear him talking to Gracie. None of it was any real sense, just asking her how she was and if she was enjoying her chew stick. Of course she can't answer..

I stand at the kitchen door, watching Zak as he moves around the kitchen as if it was his own, preparing breakfast for us both. Folding one arm across my chest, I place my elbow upon my hand and subconsciously rub my bottom lip with the pad of my finger.

There was something about the way he wore my robe, the shortness of it across his long frame, exposing his legs as he padded around my kitchen in bare feet. A man so dark, wearing purple with white bunnies always had me amused, but every time he came over, he would wear it. Half his chest would be exposed, his legs were barely covered and his arms were a little too long for the sleeve making it end just before his wrists, but still, he wore it quiet happily in fact.

"Keep staring at me with hungry eyes and breakfast will have to wait." He speaks turning his head slightly to look behind him.

Did I mention how good his ass lo-