3. Meeting Santa Claus

|*Percy*|

The sled half-landed half-crashed right in front of us. Am I dreaming? I pinched myself. Not dreaming. Then a man in red and covered in tattoos at his arms, came out of the sled and said, "Jack! We have to get going. Some nightmares got away." My month hung open. Santa is Russian? Santa exists. I properly on the bad list. I mean I may have made some things explode. Does Santa know of the Greek world? Wait... Stupid ADHD. "I know," Jack said, "but something happened... and he can see us." Santa's eyes went wide, "But he's 18 years old." "You know I'm standing here, right?" They both stared at me, and my naturally response was, "What? Do I have something on my face?" Why is it not enough that Greek, Roman, Egyptian and Norse goods exist? Now there is Santa Claus and Jack Frost. Wait, what if there is more. What if every myth is true. No, no, no, I can't think of that. Deep breath. Why are they staring at me? Hades, they asked me something.

"What?" I asked. They gave me a look, like I'm losing it. I shook my head, clearing my thoughts. "Sorry," I said, "ADHD." It didn't look like they understood what I meant. I sighed, "What?" "Sooo," Santa started, "You can see us?" My hand went to my neck, trying to get rid of the headache I was doomed to get. Too much information for my poor brain.

"Of course, I can see you. It's not like you're invisible." They gave each other a look that said, 'shall we tell him?' I facepalmed, "You're invisible?" They just nodded. "Why can I see you?" I asked them. They gave each other a new look, before Jack said, "Usually children can see us because they believe in us. Do you believe in us?"

I shook my head, "I didn't, but I guess I don't have a choice now." "Sooo," Jack began, "Why can you see us?" "Don't ask me," I answered, "But to be honest this is not the weirdest thing that happened." "What's the weirdest?" Jack asked. I sighed, "You could ask Santa. If he has a list on everyone, as the story says, then he should have a list on my achievements." "What did you do?" Jack asked, and the look he gave me reminded me of the Strolls-brothers. Santa found a tablet, and I guess he found my name, because he read, "Got your class to swim with a shark, fired a war cannon at the school bus, blew up some schools, blew up St. Helena when he was fourteen, eh, its pages long." I avoided their eyes, didn't need to see their confused looks.

Jack asked, "How did you blow up St. Helena?" My hand was back on my neck, "I didn't mean for it to blew up, or go MIA," the last part I mumbled under my breath. "Anyways," I said a little too loud, "What was the thing with the horse?"

"What horse?" asked Santa. Jack avoided Santa's eyes, "I was fighting a Nightmare, and then Percy here came, and he had a conversation with the Nightmare. Then the Nightmare glowed, and the Nightmares appearance had changed. They talked a little more, the Nightmare glowed again and disappeared."

"He talked to the Nightmare?" Santa asked, and Jack nodded. They looked at me, "You talked to the Nightmare?" Santa asked. Truth or half-truth? "I can talk to horses." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, i know this is short, but this is just something I wrote in recess today.  It will probably take a little while before I publish an new chapter. Its a lot happening at school before Christmas-break. I'll see what i can do. Till we meet again :-P 

- Line