28. Dead in the Sleep

|*Percy*|

We were not prepared. So much was clear as the attack started. We had all been in bed sleeping when the monsters came. They had snuck into the cabin and killed us while we slept. Half of the camp was already dead before I was awake. I didn't have numbers as I ran out on the battlefield, Agrios surrendering me as a black armor in what Annabeth had started calling my demon form. None of the children of Hypnos nor Morpheus survived. Sandy being the exception.

All around me my comrades fell. At some point, Nico came running and told me that the Romans were under attack too. Then the hunters came here while the Amazons went to the Romans. Still, we were outnumbered.

The hill was painted red and gold. My nightmares came when summoned. They killed hundreds of monsters, but I was sure there were thousands left. At some point, the gods arrived, and it helped, for a while. But then the ground began opening and eating them up. Tartarus. It didn't take long before the nightmares and I was the only one left. And then it was only me. Me and Agrios. And as I stared out over the hill I realized something. We had lost. The camp was burned down. I hadn't even realized I was fighting in the fire.

And as our loss finally hit me, I felt myself lose control of my powers. The last thing I saw before the darkness took me was the world burning, hell on earth.

And

Then

It

Was

Nothing 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little rushed, I admit that. I'm sorry about that, but I couldn't come up with anymore to the story, and have some ideas for new stories, while not wanting to abandon this one, so I decided to start writing the end. It's not finished yet, I still have 2-4 more chapters to go.
And no, I did not just decide to kill everyone, I've planned this from the very first chapter