7. Meeting Percy Jackson

"Wait," I said when Percy had left the room, "What just happened?" "It's complicated," Sandy answered. He can talk. I'll never get used to this. "How come you can talk?" Bunny asked, taking the words from me. Sandys' hand rubbed his neck, something I've noticed Percy doing, "Like I said, it's complicated. The easy explanation is that when I'm near someone who shares my blood, from the father side of my family, I change back to how I was before I become the Sandman. More correctly a young version, but that only makes it more complicated to explain. Just be nice to Percy. He's obviously been through a lot, and don't need another war on his platter. I have some things I need to fix, don't do anything stupid." Then he disappeared in a golden flash.

"I think his attitude changed with his age," North though out loud. "That's possible," Tooth agreed.

We all left to ours. Tooth left to collect teeth and Bunny left to paint his eggs. "What now?" North asked. "I promised Jamie a snow-day. I'll see you tomorrow morning." I flew out before he could answer.

Five hours later I was on my way back. All I saw was snow, snow, snow. And ice. and mountains. I was only some minutes from Norths place when I saw a seagreen light. I flew toward the light, and what I saw surprised me.

There was Percy. I was about to announce my presence when the ice and snow surrendering him turned into water, floating in the air. My mouth hung open. Then the water started spinning around him, and soon he was in the center of a hurricane. Then he screamed a broken, broken scream. The water in the hurricane turned to ice, and then it exploded. Shards of ice going everywhere. I almost lost my head. When I again caught sight of Percy he was in the middle of a crater of his own creation.

I floated down to him and stopped when my feet touched the ground a few feet away from him. He looked up, and I saw him dead in the eye. His eyes seemed so broken. As if he had lost everything.

"Are you okay?" was my dumb question. Of course, he is not okay. Look at him. He's broken. Who broke him?

He released a crushed laugh. "Am I okay?" he asked, "I don't know. I'm not allowed to go to the place I have been calling my home since I was twelve. The girl who I love's mind is shattered. My friends, my family, are lost, and I'm supposed to lead them all. I'm not sure if I have ever been okay."

I wasn't sure what to say, "Are you ready to go back to Norths place?" He nodded and got up, and fell down again. I sighed, "Do you need help?" "I might need help," he answered. I helped him up and flew us both on the winds to Norths.

The yetis and elves were running around, panicking, when we arrived. "What's happening?" I asked when I caught sight of North. "He's gone again," he saw us, "Ah, Hey." "Hey," I said. Percy seemed to be lost in tough. "Where did you find him?" North asked. "Outside," I answered.

When I looked at Percy again, he was already gone, walking to his room. And I wondered, not for the first time, Who is Percy Jackson?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know, it's short, but in my defense, it has been much to do. We left for our cabin today, and the internet comes and goes. Hope you all have a nice Christmas.

-Line