9. Pull Yourself Together

|*Percy*| 

It was Jack who got me out of this lost state. I felt weak. I had let my emotions take over, which had let to a power-explosion. If I hadn't vapor traveled out in time, well, I don't think Santa, I mean North, would have a hose, or a place to store all the Christmas presents. And yetis and elves might been wiped out of existence.  

I took a shaky breath. I was back in my room, and my powers were now under control. At least that was what I told my self. My powers were under control. But the raging sea in me told another story. I hated how my power had grown stronger. I had barely kept control before that place, now they were impossible. They kept growing out of control, and I feared the day I wouldn't be able to pull myself together. 

I had already caused a volcano, St. Helena, to erupt, and that was before my new powers. I couldn't, wouldn't think of what could happen if I let it all go. But, as my father once told me, the sea doesn't like to be controlled, and my powers are the same. They don't like to be controlled, and I'm losing control for every passing day. 

I have a secret. I'm immortal. You can't have this much power, without it burning away your mortal skin. And I who once said 'no' to godhood. The Fates are cruel.

Pull yourself together, I said to myself.  I cant lose it, not now. If I managed to keep it together down there, I can keep it together up here. But a little voice back in my head said, I had Annabeth then, now I'm alone. 

But am I alone? I cant just give up. I won't give up. I will never give up, not as long I have something to fight for. My family, my friends, my loved ones.

I walked out of my room and found North and Jack.  They stood beside this big globe filled with little lights. "Whats that?" I asked. They were both startled by my voice. Then North answered, "That's every kid who believes." "Ah," I said, "I don't think I ever believed in your guys." "Not even when you were younger?" Bunny, who I hadn't noticed, asked. I shook my head. "Ever since I was twelve monsters have been trying to kill me. Before that, I had my very own abusive stepdad. I was never really an innocent kid who could believe in fairytales." They just stared at me. 

I sighed, "Whatever. Is there a reason for you kidnapping me? Or was it just 'Let's kidnap Percy, that sounds fun'?" Silence again. Jack coughed, "What you did to the Nightmare was incredible. It was as if you made it a whole other being. We wish for your help to hunt down the other Nightmares." I tough about the offer, I don't really have anything else to do. 

"I'm in," I said, with one of my famous lopsided grins

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope you liked the chapter:-D See you next week.