21. The Legends of Percy Jackson

|*Sandy/Sam*|

It took an hour more in the meeting where the demigods discussed who 'N' could be. Of what Percy has told me I guessed Nyx, and I suspect he has come to the same conclusion as me. Not that I know much of their meeting since he didn't want to talk about Tartarus. Not that I blame him. Even the gods fear Tartarus, place and primordial. He mentioned something about a trick worthy of Hermes and Athena, but I didn't pry. No mortal should see that place, and to hear three demigods has been down there since last time I was in touch, Kronos' fall, was more than surprising.

They used another hour to discuss what we should do about the war, and so on.

It was two hours after the meeting began that we all were walking toward the bonfire. Everyone's eyes were soon on Percy, waiting for a reason for our presence, and maybe figuring out who we are. I don't blame them for their curiosity. Tooth and Bunny stand quite out.

Percy cleared his throat and that was all that was needed for silence to reign. Everyone silent, waiting for what he was about to tell them. This was quite a conquest, with most of the children and teenagers surrendering us having ADHD.

"I see some new faces here," Percy began, "For those of you who don't know who I am, My name is Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon. I'm sure you're all curious about why I stole all the counselors when I came, and who these five people I had with me are. I present you Jack, Bunny, Tooth, North, and Sandy, who also goes by Sam, The Guardians of Childhood. You may know them better as Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Sand Man and Jack Frost." The sound level went sky-high with the mutter of the ADHD-kids but was quickly shut down by a raised hand. "I know it's hard to believe, but we're children of Greek and Roman gods, how hard can it be to believe some children tales?" A pause, then he continued, "The reason for the meeting was... There's a new war breeding. Some of you have already fought against Kronos, some have fought against Gaea, and some have come into a whole new world and suddenly there's a war. I know the feeling. I won't ask you to fight in this war. We have reason to believe Nyx is the one who we are fighting against. We also believe she is seeking revenge for something that happened down under. I won't ask you to fight for me, I've been asked to fight for the gods too many times. And I can't expect you to do it. But what I will ask you is to fight for each other. I will ask you to fight for your sister, brothers, cousins, and friends. I'll ask you to fight for your family. I'll ask you to protect those who have yet to learn to wield a sword, a knife, a bow. I can't promise you that everyone will survive, there has already been death, but what I can promise you is that I will be on the frontlines, fighting for the lives of you all, and I swear on the river Styx that I will uphold that promise." Thunder boomed, and the crowd cheered.

Percy sat down on a close bench, the demigods still clapping. Nico and Thalia stood up from where they were seated. Thalia raised her hands and shouted, "Quiet down. We're might be entering a new war, but that doesn't mean we don't have time for stories around the bonfire. It's been far too long since the last time we told about the amazing legends of our very own Perseus 'Percy' Jackson. Percy tensed and began to shake his head, but it only made his two cousins smirk. "And before we begin," Nico said, "I will give you all one advice. Never ask Percy himself, ask anyone else who was there. Percy has the bad habit to underestimate himself, and not taking credit for his achievements. Blaming it on teamwork." Both Thalia and Nico snickered, while Percy was hiding his head in his hands. Everyone who knows him chuckling.

Grover stood up, a smug look covering his face, "I will be the first storyteller tonight since I was the on his first quest. Followed by Clarisse, Thalia, and Nico. So, let's begin; It all started when Percy didn't like his pre-Algebra teacher Mrs. Dodds, also known as the fury Alecto..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the delay, but we're nearing the end of yet another school year, meaning tests in all subjects. whole days of math, English, geography and so on, not to mention exams. Wich me luck. At least it's only two more months...

I can't promise I'll manage to publish next chapter on time, but I'll do my best