Chapter 38:)

*Casey’s POV*

“This view is insane.” I stated as I curled up onto one of sides of the couch with a blanket wrapped around my shoulders. The window was an entire length of the wall stretching from wall to wall. It displayed a perfect picture of the Rocky Mountains.

“You wouldn’t see this back in England.” Zayn stated as I sat on the other end of the couch. We were currently the only two awake. The cabin was at a standstill as everyone was in bed.

“It’s surreal, it’s as though it was taken from a painting.”

“You know I value your opinion right?” He turned towards me with his tea in hand.

“I know.” I nodded.

“I need to ask you something, where do you see mine and Perrie’s relationship going? Honestly?” I eyed him for a few moments as he stared at me then his feet.

“I honestly see you two going strong for a long time. I have no doubt she loves you and vice versa.”

“I talked to her father..” He whispered trailing off. My head snapped up as he set down his drink on the coffee table.

“You did what?” I asked astonished.

“I asked for his blessing for Perrie’s hand in marriage.” I was in shock, I didn’t know how to collect my emotions. My mouth was agape as I stared at him in disbelief.

“What-t did he say-y?” I stuttered.

“He said yes.” He smiled. I jumped up from my spot on the sofa, throwing the blanket to the floor.

“Your kidding?”

“I’m not.” He couldn’t hide his excitement as he beamed up at me.

“Have you got the ring?” I asked while jumping up and down.

“Shh. Yeah I do. I got it the other day.”

“Can I see it?” He nodded as he fished in his pocket for the box. Seconds later he pulled at a black leather box. I stared in awh as he revealed the diamond ring.

“It’s gorgeous.” I breathed as I leaned over the box inspecting the ring.

“What’s gorgeous?” Zayn and I both jumped at the sound of Eleanor’s voice.

“Jesus Eleanor.” Zayn whispered as he showered her the ring.

“Is that an engagement ring?” She asked as Zayn nodded in response.

“When are you going to give it to her?” I question as he put the box back in the safety of his pocket.

“Whenever it feels right.” He shrugged. I clapped my hands as I dancing around the living room.

“It’s not your engagement ring.” Eleanor joked.

“Close enough.” I smiled.

“Dammit Casey, its 8am how are you so giddy?” Louis asked as he made his way down the stairs followed by Liam and Danielle. He rubbed his eye as he sprawled out on the floor.

“Casey and I discussed going ice skating today, is everyone up to that?” Zayn asked as he walked over Louis back into the kitchen to refill his mug.

“We did?”

“Well I was going to bring it up, but we got side tracked.” He winked.

“That sounds fine.” They all agreed minus the ones still in bed. I climbed back up to mine and Perrie’s room where she was still wrapped in a cocoon under the blankets. I grabbed a sweater and jeans from my suitcase along with a beaning throwing it on.

“Perrie.” I called while I hovered over her bed. She mumbled something barely auto able as she sunk further in her blankets.

“Don’t do this to me Perrie.” She mumbled once again turning in the covers. I sighed as I began tickling her stomach. She let out a shriek as she struggled under neither me. She grabbed onto my wrist with her hand digging her fingernails into by skin.

“Perrie, Perrie, mercy.” I cried as she dug in. She finally released me as she poked her head out of the covers. I examined my wrist which now were indented and the skin was broke causing blood.

“God damn Perrie cut your nails.” I got off her bed making my way over to mine to make her we had a safe distance between each other. She threw the blankets and pillows off of her as she sat up looking over at me.

“Did I hurt you?”

“Yes.” I glared at her showing her the damage she did.

“I didn’t want to be bugged.”

“Obviously.” I grumbled as she giggled putting her clothes on.  

“What are we doing today?”

“Zayn suggested ice skating.” She smiled in response as she exited the room with her coat with, me following. We quickly collected the group and went out to an ice pond know their ice skating at this time of year. We all rented out equipment and sat on a bench to put everything on.

“I don’t think you guys realized when planning this some of us don’t know how to skate.” Harry noted as he tied his skates tightly.

“I’ll teach you.” I volunteered as I made my way to the ice. He slowly waddled after me trying to catch up. I held my hand out for him to grab. He took it as we put our ice skates on the pond. He crouched over trying to keep himself balanced as we skated. Plenty of other skaters bypassed us as we struggled to keep skating. I put Harry’s hands on my waist as I pulled him.

“I think I’ve got it.” He stated as he let go of my waist and started to glide by himself. I kept a close eye on his as he started to pick up speed. I shook my head as he started to push himself faster and faster until he slid out, running into a wall. I kept my hand to my face trying not to laugh out loud.

“You okay?” I called as I came to a stop over him waiting for him to answer.

“Yeah I’m good.” He patted of the extract ice and continued to skate around me. I was fairly impressed with his improvement. He picked my hand up entangling mine with his. He shot forward pulling me with him.

“Slow down speed racer.” I yelled as we started to get close to the group.

“Good you’re back, Perrie’s feet are aching. Is it alright if we head back?” Danielle asked as she exited the pond. We all just shrugged our shoulders taking off our skate and handing them back to the rental. Harry and I trailed behind the rest of the group with Zayn and Perrie in front of us. IT began to snow as everyone looked up holding out their hands. I saw Zayn turn around and look at Harry and I. Zayn and Perrie were pretty excluded from the group, we were the only ones remotely close. I saw stop Perrie as he made eye contact with me.

“Perrie…” He began. It finally clicked what Zayn was doing. HE was proposing. I quickly grabbed Harry’s hand violently pulling him to the snow covered ground.

“What the hell?” He asked as he tried to get back up but I was restraining him.

“It’s happening.” I hissed. I made sure Harry and I were out of view so they could have alone time, but I also made sure we could see what was going on.

“What’s happening?”

“Zayn’s proposing.” I shrieked.