New job

Amanda is my name. Working hard is my game. I don't do much. Honestly I can't say I do anything. I usually do house work. In fact I have a job coming to me from the Grier family. Apparently I'm going to be the house maid for them. For a few months. The other maid, Maria, she is having a baby and she won't be able to come back for a few months.

In North Carolina you don't have much if an option. One thing I learned a few years back, you work at whatever you can to earn money. I didn't need a lot of money. I had money put back. I just liked working as a maid. I found a house, two stories, just a a few miles from my work. It wouldn't take but ten minutes to get there.

For a nineteen year old girl, housework is actually very clever. The only thing about this house work is that these people had four children. One boy, 20 moves out, name is Will. The next oldest is Nash, 17, apparently he is rude and obnoxious. Hayes, 14, he's the joker, loves to make people laugh. Of course I can't forget the little girl Skylynn, she's 5, she's so cute and she's very sassy.

This job may just be the death of me. I wanted this job. I needed this job to pay for my home, car, not to mention my phone bill, and even my future schooling. I wanted to go to NCU and major in being a child pediatrician. I loved kids. In fact some day I wanted to have at least three.

Anyway, so I walked to my car, a deep blue jaguar. I climbed in and turned in the ignition. I drove off into the streets. Funny thing was, I had on a pair of blue jeans and a peach colored tank top with a button up baby blue shirt. Not something you'd wear on a house maid job. But the man of he house told me to wear what I wanted. I would be paid $500 a week. That was enough for me.

I pulled up at the Grier's house. It was a three story house. More like a mansion. It was beautiful. There was a small round garden in the front with a fountain in the center. There was a black Kia parked out front and a small white S..U.V. I could tell that they were all home. I didn't really care but I didn't want to cause a scene.

I park the car and get out. I grab my phone before shutting my door. I walk up to the door. I had to climb about six steps to get to the door. I rang the bell. I stood there for about thirty seconds before a man answered the door. He was actually really good looking. He was probably the man of he house.

"Well, hello, I'm Chad Grier," he said as he put his hand out for me to shake.

"Amanda, Mr. Grier," I said being polite. He grinned.

"Call me Chad," he said as he escorted me inside.

It was like a Victorian style house. Only it was updated. It was so pretty. It had that magazine look. I was impressed by this house. I didn't realize I was actually surprised by the house until Mr. Grier tapped my arm and led me into the kitchen.

The kitchen was something out of a magazine as well. The island made of marble. Someone was actually in the kitchen. A woman that was very beautiful. She looked nice. She might have been the lady if the house. It surprised me to see her standing in the kitchen reading a magazine.

"This is Elizabeth, she is my wife," Mr. Grier starts as she looks at me and grins, "This is Amanda."

"Hello, call me Liz,"she says shaking my hand. I nodded. She then let go of my hand and looked to the back door.

A male, young, black shaggy hair, very handsome, and pretty blue eyes, came through the door. He looked right at me and smiled. I didn't really know what to do so I smiled back. He came closer and hugged Liz. After he hugged Chad.

"I'm Hayes, you must be Amanda," he says shaking my hand I nod to him. He was the 14 year old. He was very stylish. He looked like a model.

"Hayes, where are the other two," Liz asked. Hayes looked to the door and pointed. I seen what he was pointing to.

A little girl came in, blonde hair and so cute. Followed by a young male, dark hair, blue eyes, very very handsome. He looked like another model. He was stunning. He had a bag over his shoulder. He probably came back from school.

"Nash, Skylynn, this is Amanda," Liz said pointing to me. Skylann waved as if he were excited to see me. Nash just nodded and walked over to the fridge.

"Okay, well, Amanda first thing you should know, we are a very generous family," Chad barely said that, Nash snickered.

"Some of us more than others but, you let us know if you need something, I know you're the housekeeper but we like to help here too," he finished. Nash roles his eyes and walked out of the room.

Chad looked at Liz, who put her hands up in surrender. Hayes kept picking at Skylynn. I was in a very awkward situation. Eventually I found a way to break the silence by asking what I was to do first. Chad told me to just look around the house and get use to my surroundings. I did just that. Well, Hayes helped me.

He led me to the second floor. He showed me Skylynn's room. He then showed me his room. It almost made me laugh. He was obsessed with himself. More so than a lot of other teenage boys. But I could understand why. He was a very handsome boy. If only Nash was like him.

"So anyway, third floor is where Nash sleeps, follow me," Hayes said as he les me to a room that looked a lot like a hotel room.

The only difference with this room is that there were pictures of him and his sister and brothers. Which could have been really attractive if it had matched his personality. He was a little rude. I don't really understand why he was like that but eventually I would learn.

After looking at all the rooms Hayes showed me the bathrooms, laundry room, and even the family room. I knew I could clean this house with no problem. It would not be to hard. I've cleaned houses bigger than this one. The only problem was, there were four kids at home and one of them was a complete jerk.

Hayes took the time to let me get use to my surroundings. He was so nice. It surprise me that he actually warmed up to me so fast. He didn't seem like the type to be angry or just plane rude. He was so down to earth. Although I did just meet him. By the looks if it, he would be the Only one here, that would talk to me. I didn't see Skylynn making conversation.

After Hayes let me roam a while longer, he decided to show me the back. It was something you'd find in a home garden magazine. He seen the awe in my eyes. He stepped in front of me and smiled. To my right I could see a pool, different levels of water starting from 4Ft and going up to 8ft. That was a big pool.

"So, I just know we will be great friends, and I know that I'm young but we an still hang out on the days you don't have to work, which is on Sundays and maybe a few Saturdays," Hayes said smiling at me. I smiled back and maybe blushed.

"Well," Someone said from behind me I turned to see Chad.

"I hope you found it very much to your liking, I hope it won't be to much trouble," he said as he walked over to me. I shook my head.

He showed me out to my car and have me a written schedule and what should be done. Hayes decided to hug me goodbye. Weird, I never even pushed him away. I felt that he could be a great friend. He was to young To be anything more. Chad waved me off as I started my car and drive into the streets.

When I arrived back at my house I grabbed some orange juice from the fridge. I also decided I would eat some apples and peaches in pancakes. It was a very good meal. After eating I showered and put in my grey sweats and a tank-top. I laid my body down and plugged in my phone. I decided that because I was to start working the next day, I was going to go to bed early. It was only eight in the afternoon, but I had to be up by seven un the morning and at the house by eight. This should be fun.