Hayes' confession

I didn't get much sleep for the next three days. I had been having nightmares. After remembering what happened with my sister I couldn't help but see the accident. I knew it wasn't entirely my fault but I felt as if it were. The good thing about my not sleeping, I got to clean once everyone was in bed. And that was exactly what I was doing.

I was folding laundry. I had forgot to fold them earlier. It was about eleven and it was late. I never could remember anything. I had gotten a great amount of calls from Chad and Liz asking about the house and the kids. The thing was, they were so proud that Nash was finally beginning to bond with his siblings, but they didn't like what he had been doing to me.

I had a great amount of time to think about that while folding clothes. I didn't understand why he had been doing better with them, but he still hated me. Something wasn't right. He was hiding something. Almost like e was scared to talk to me. Like it pained him to even look at me. I seen it when he looked at me. He was not angry, he was just scared.

I was aiming to find out what was going on. Maybe take him out, just me and him. We could go to dinner or a movie. I wanted him to warm up to me the way every one else had. They knew me and he did not. In fact he probably knew only my name. Hayes knew what color I liked, green. He knew what type of personality I had. Cameron knew those things too. Sky even knew my favorite singer, Christina Aguilera. And the looks of it, Nash knew nothing. He may have knew my name and age, but everything else was blank. That was going to change. I knew almost everything about him. I was going to take him out and soon.

"You want company," I heard Hayes from behind me. He startled me just a bit. I barely jumped. I sighed in relief when I seem his smile creep on his face.

"Hey, why are you not in bed," I asked. He shrugged to me.

"I don't know, I guess I couldn't sleep," he said. I knew he was being honest. The only thing I didn't get was how he knew I was down here.

"Well, you're welcome to join me," I told him. He was so sweet to me. I never thanked him for that. He smiled at me and began folding clothes as well.

"You know I actually wanted to tell you something," he said causing me to pause what I was doing. What was this, another surprise.

"I uMm well, see I think you are the most beautiful and sweetest girl I've ever met," he said blushing. I smiled. He put his head down. It was weird he was younger but he was a few inches taller than me. I was about 5'6 he was about 5'8.

"Well, thank you Hayes," I said grabbing his chin and lifting him to look at me. He looked down at me and grinned.

"Amanda, I uM, I don't know how to tell you this," he stopped. What was he doing? What I figured was he was going to tell me I had to move out early. That is not at all what happened. In fact it was the total opposite.

"I kinda like you," he said making me freeze in place. I don't know what he just old me but it sounded like he liked me, wait he did tell me that.

I stood there watching him for a few minutes. He just stared at me. We didn't say anything. I mean he was 15 I was 19 that could not happen right? I mean that would be pedophile. I didn't want that to happen. Although he was always nice to me. He never said one bad thing about me. And even if he was nice to me I couldn't do that.

"Look," I said before he smacked his lips onto mine. What the heck? I was kissing a 15 year old. I was to old for him. Yet I was not stopping him. Letting him have his fun. The weird thing was I kissed back. This was not very mature of me. I pushed him away from me. He started panting. I took a deep breath and looked right at him. He had that look in his face. He didn't like me, he lusted for me.

"Look Hayes, I'm sorry I have you the impression that I may have liked you but I don't," I said, "You're to ping and clearly not my type, but we can be friends."

He just nodded at me and then grinned. Okay? The weirdest thing was running through my mind. I just kissed Hayes. The bosses youngest son. Although this was my house for the next 2 1/2 months. Well I guess I can't get fired for that. The food thing was no one knew but me and Hayes. And yet something told me that someone was watching. Hayes didn't hesitate to turn and walk away from me. He didn't seem mad but that didn't mean that he wasn't. I could tell that hurt a lot.

I finally just threw the clothes in the clean pile and walked into the living room. Swimming sounded nice but odds are if Cameron seen me he would try and join me. He stayed the night, again. The good news, Nash was out of my hair. Sky was already asleep. I wish I could have been asleep about five minutes ago. That would have saved me trouble. With all this going on I didn't if I was here or somewhere else. As a matter of fact I couldn't think straight. Everything was going on. It was to much. Way to much.

With that I ran upstairs to grab a bikini. When I passed Hayes room he was laying in bed talking to someone on the phone. Wow, I couldn't believe he was laughing and not even a little hurt by that scene. Actually what he was talking about surprised me.

"Yeah bro, I kissed her, I even video tapes it, you owe me fifty," he said causing my heart to drop. What was that? I was a bet. Wow, and yet I thought Nash was the rude one.

I walked away with tears forming. He didn't like me, he was trying to make money off of me. Is that why Nash didn't speak to me? He knew what his brother was doing and he wanted no part of it. No, everyone told me he was trouble anyway. It made me so mad to hear that Hayes didn't want to be a friend he just wanted money. Guess it's a good thing I didn't agree to go out with him. Stakes on that would have been outrageous.

I entered my bedroom and Instead of getting a bikini I grabbed my phone and looked through my contacts. I seen Hayes which made me break. I started crying. I thought he wanted to be a good friend. I should not have expected anything from him. Honestly I didn't even care about Nash at the moment. He was nice considering he wasn't making me his bet. That hurt so much. I couldn't keep from crying.

A few moments later I found myself laying on my bed with my eyes red and I could barely keep them open. I decided I'd better get some sleep. I closed my eyes and it didn't take long to fall out