Playin cool

The next three days were all the same. I would avoid Nash. Unless I needed to tell him to watch Sky. He didn't even suspect a thing, or so I thought. Then again, he never showed any emotion. Just the happy sappy one. Really, I didn't mind avoiding him. But for him to act like it didn't bother him, that bothered me. I think he knew I was avoiding he just didn't show it. And that annoyed me.

He acted like nothing bothered him. As if he didn't care. He knew what was going on. I just knew. Hayes knew I was avoiding him and yet he didn't question it either. Sky had no idea what was going on. She was a baby so she really didn't think of anything but playing and swimming. It made me feel horrible that Nash would be so uncaring.  And yet the night I came home drunk, he was all, superhero. Wanting to take credit for helping someone.

Well, I wast about to let him play me like that. He wasn't going to be the hero anymore. I was going to get him good. I was going to pretend to be drunk and get him good. I only had one month to go before I could move back into my house. Funny Cameron had to be there. He was swimming with Nash. I allowed Hayes to go to the bowling ally with his friends. Sky was at her older brothers. Which was fine. Will was nice.

I walked downstairs and grabbed a wine glass out of the wine cabinet. I poured a glass of grape juice into it and a small portion of alcohol in it to make it smell like wine. Once that was ready I ran back upstairs and slipped on my bikini. The zebra bikini. Once I was ready to go swimming, I grabbed my glass and walked out back. I had to pretend to wobble. It worked nonetheless.

"Well, hello," I said in a drunken voice. Nash and Cam looked at me then at each other. I took a sip of my drink. They got up. Nash looked aggravated.

"Are you drunk," he asked grabbing the glass. He smelt of the alcohol and nodded to Cameron.

"Why did you do this again," Nash asked in a kind voice. Playing hero huh?

"W-well it started when my sister-"

"Just stop, we've heard that story, why did you get drunk this time," he asked. I pretended to be confused.

"Iiiii'mm sorry, I just felt l-like it," I stuttered. Cam threw his hands up and walked away. He ran into the kitchen. Nash ran his fingers through his hair. It was working.

"You're cute, when you-you're mad," I said causing him to look at me with the strangest look. Almost like? He WAS concerned. Shit what have I done?

"Amanda, I warned you, I warned you and you went behind my back and did this again, why can't you listen," he asked. I shrugged my shoulders. Enough of this drinking act. He turned around and places his hands on his hips. He didn't care if I was fired, he was worried about something else.

"Nash," I started. He turned around with the phone in his hands. He'd already dialed Chads number.

"Enough, I've had enough," he said as Chad picked up the phone. I grabbed Nash's and pushes end. He got a bit angry at me but I didn't care. I handed his phone back.

"You know what, you're right totally, no drinking no more, this grape juice is nasty anyway,"i said as he he looked around.

"Wait," he came closer and grabbed my glass of juice. He took a sip. He then realized what it was.

"Well, I should apologize but, you're the one who pretended to be drinking so," he said as he redialed Chads number.

"Ou know what, don't worry about it I quit," I said as I turned my back. Chad answered but Nash was to busy watching me walk inside. 

As I entered, with tears, I could see Cameron standing beside the table with a glass of orange juice. He looked at me with fear but then realized I wasn't drunk. The funniest thing was, I only wanted to see how much Nash really cared. But he didn't care. He was ready to have me fired. He was ready to let me quit. And the stupidest thing was, I fell for him. It was stupid. He had me right where he wanted me and I let him. I didn't stop him. He played me for a fool. He flirted, batted his eyes and I fell for that. Maybe everyone was right.

I ran into my room. I grabbed my bags and began stuffing my clothes into them. Something told me I was about to make the biggest mistake of my life. I had no where to go. But I knew one thing, Will liked me. So I did what I had to do. I dialed Will and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello," he answered. I could hear Sky in the background.

"Will, I need a favor," I said he recognized me because he called me by name.

"Um sure what is it," he asked. I took a breath. I was crying so hard I couldn't even talk.

"Nash and I got into it and I quit, he was going to have me fired, I was wondering I I could stay with you for a while, I lost my house," I answered. There was a pause on the other end.

"You know what," he paused, "You can come stay with me as long as you like."

"Thank you so much," I said. He said his goodbyes and we hung up. I stuffed most of my things into three big bags. I only had shoes, clothes, and lady things.

After putting all my things in my bags I ran downstairs, bags in hand. I didn't want to tell Nash or Cameron where I was going. They would be over there all the time. Or at least Cameron would.  I walked outside to see my Newley washed car. I opened the back and threw everything in the seats. After loading my things I climbed in and drove off.

Nash's face kept penetrating my thoughts. The strings were loose. I wasn't able to stop thinking about him. Yet he cared nothing about me. I knew that to be a fact. He was

Ready to have me fired. The good news was that, Will liked me enough to let me stay with him. Although they are family, he wouldn't tell him where I was hiding.

I arrived at Will's and climbed out of the car. I grabbed my bags and walked up to his front door. I rang the door bell and tried fixing myself. The only thing that differed from Nash and Will, he actually had a heart. So with that the door opened. Will stood there with a sympathetic look in his face.

He offered me in to his house. I followed him. He grabbed my luggage and showed me the living room. Then after taking my luggage to a room upstairs, he came down to get me a smoothie. Sky came running Into the kitchen. She greeted me with a hug. I smiled just a little bit but I didn't really want to. She joined me for a smoothie. She was suppose to stay with Will for a week. Chad and Liz's idea.

After telling Will about what was wrong with me, I went up to my room. Sky decided she wanted to sleep with me. I allowed her to sleep in my bed with me. She was just the sweetest thing. But all I could think about was Nash. He knew everything about me. He knew my favorite color. He knew what I've been through. Almost everything there was to know. Sky fell asleep beside me. I was getting tired so I laid my head down and shut my eyes. ...