Broken

The next morning was completely horrible in the since, I had a migraine. A major hangover. The thing about a hangover was, you hated when people were being loud. And well, I didn't have that problem. Instead Nash and Cameron were being completely silent. They were talking so low in the kitchen I could barely hear them. I had slept on the couch. It was weird but someone had covered me up.

I lifted my head enough to sit myself up. My head was busting but luckily I had Aspirin sitting on the table in front of me. I also noticed a glass of water. I knew exactly how to get rid of the hang over. I just needed coffee. I always drank coffee if I had a hangover. Use to, when my sister had first been in the accident, I would go out each night and drink a little. But on the night I left I was a drunken excuse for a sister. I didn't mean to disappoint my parents or my sister but I didn't know what else to do.

I took he medicine and lifted myself up on the floor. I was still weak and my head was spinning. I started to tumble but I caught myself. I closed my eyes and shook my head. After getting my balance I inched near the kitchen. I didn't hear the two idiots anymore. They were in there but being very still. Once I stepped into the kitchen, I could see both of them standing in front of the stove. Cam had on a pair of blue jean shorts and a white t-shirt. Nash was wearing tan capris and an American flag muscle shirt. They looked better than me. I was still wearing my mini skirt.

"Morning," I said groggily. They both didn't say a word. What was wrong, did I mess up again?

"Look, I'm sorry about last night," I said honestly. I would never drink like that again. I had three orange mountains and two glasses of blue devils. I was strung out.

"Look, we will not tell Chad about this, but do not ever come into this house drunk, ever again," Cameron said making Nash turn his head away from me. Was he in tears?

"Sure, whatever I need some coffee," I said sitting at the table. Why hadn't I changed yet? I needed out of these smelly clothes. I reeked Of alcohol and smoke.

"We will make some, but first, shower and change you reek," Cameron said making me laugh. That didn't help.

I got up and waved to Cameron. Nash didn't bother turning around. Once I was out of sight enough for them not to notice, I ran up the steps. I just didn't want any chance of hearing them talk about me. That's what they were doing back there before I entered. Once I got upstairs I headed straight for my closet. I grabbed a pair of peach shorts, a tan tank top and a pair of flip-flops. I decided I was going swimming after a shower. I also picked up my zebra striped bikini.

I headed towards the bathroom and locked the door behind me. I guess because Hayes moved my things in, my shampoo and conditioner was also in my bathroom. I was glad he took the time to move my things. But the thought of him made me want to cry. It was impossible to find a friend in the work place. Something told me I would have to stop trying to be friends and start playing mom. Chad told me while I was here that I was mom of the house.

With that thought I stripped out of my clothes and turned the water on. I took out two towels one for my hair and the other to dry off with. After the water warmed up I got in and began washing off. I shampooed my hair first. Then after that was done I put conditioner on. After I finished with that I washed my body with soap. It was so comforting to feel the warm water running down my back. And it was also nice to know I could think. This was a great way to think.

I hopped out drying used with my towel. I kept wondering about Sky. I knew Nash wouldn't want me around her after last night. Most kid doctors don't go out and get smashed. Then again I wasn't a doctor yet. So maybe it wouldn't be as bad as I thought. I loved Sky and I would have done anything for her. But getting drunk was not the way to show that. So with that I dressed in my bikini and put my clothes over it. I dried my hair even though it was still damp. It hung from my shoulders.

After getting myself ready, I grabbed my laundry and walked out. I never even thought to grab a towel so I could wrap it around me. I needed one if I was going swimming. And then there was a towel rack in the laundry room. I eased my way past the kitchen without them noticing. It was still early. It was eight in the morning. That was early. Once I placed my clothes in the hamper, with the exception of my skirt, I threw it away, I grabbed a big white beach towel. Funny it had a picture of a zebra on it.

I walked into he kitchen to notice that, Hayes and Sky had joined the other two. This was a great time to play mom. It would be fun. Nash had made breakfast. So, I decided to sit at the table beside Sky. She smiled at me. I smiled back. I placed my towel underneath me. Cameron came over and sat on the other side of Sky. Nash sat beside Hayes. He gave us each a plate of pancakes and for some strange reason mine had peaches and whip cream on them.

"Um, how did you-"

"At the diner, that's what you ordered," Nash interrupted me. I nodded. So he did know some things about me.

We sat in silence for the next ten minutes. It did not take long for Hayes to break that silence in fact he was actually ready to open his mouth. I bet he was ready to start trouble too. Speaking of which, Nash didn't try to say anything to me. That was the first. I didn't understand that, at all. But anyway, Hayes started talking to us which made me want to hit him.

"I plan to go to the bowling ally with a few friends, what do you guys have in mind," he says as I placed my fork on my plate. Nash looked at me and didn't say a word. Cameron was playing with his food. Sky was still eating.

"UM, Hayes, who are you meeting exactly," I asked playing it cool. He looked at me and grinned.

"Just, Carter, Taylor, and Shawn," he said. I knew who they were. They had came over one day while I was not working. We didn't have much fun but they were nice.

"Okay, just be home before nine," I told him. Nash looked at him then at me. He was confused. Probably because I just have him orders. In which Hayes didn't mind that. He actually nodded to me and began to eat.

After breakfast I had a great idea. If I was going to mom I needed to have these kids do something productive. Hayes hadn't left yet so I had a plan. Get him to do the dishes. Load them and once they stopped, dry hem. I gave him those orders. He didn't argue with me. Instead he began taking our plates and placing them into the dishwasher. Nash actually lost a breath for a moment. Cameron really don't care one way or the other. Sky was excited to go upstairs and play doll until I mentioned swimming.

"Alright, Hayes you did great, you go ahead and go," I said walking into the living room. Nash had a very odd look about him.

"What, so because of what he did you are making him clean and then letting him do whatever," he asked confused. I smiled.

"Reverse psychology I'm making him feel guilty by letting him have his fun," I said. He tilted his head in confusion. I rolled my eyes and patted his shoulder.

I walked outside where Cameron and Sky were waiting by the pool. He waved me over. I joined them in excitement. I loved hanging with them but I was still broken. I felt that same heartache, hit me. My grin faded. Cameron must have seen it. He just sat there in silence. That was until Nash came To join us. That did it for me. I started stripping down to my bikini. Once my shorts and tank-top were off, I walked over to the other side of the pool. Nash and Cameron didn't know what to think. They had that, wow, look on their faces.

I lifted my arms. I then brought my legs together. I turned around so that my backside was facing the pool. I then jumped up, arches my back, flipped and landed in the pool. The water hit me and that's what brought back a few memories. The one about me and My sister going to the beach the week before she was injured. The pool we competed in together. Everything reminded me of her and yet I was just playing a game win these people. Trying to find someone I could hurt worse than I was. But that was just it, no one here knew what pain I was really in.

People took advantage of me more than anyone would ever guess. I just wanted someone to finally realize that I was what they really wanted. That I could be the greatest inspiration in their life. The only one here like that was Sky. But I wanted someone older to notice my potential. So I came up from the water to see Nash and Cam clapping. Nash wasn't smiling. Cam and Sky were cheering. For what? I didn't even know.

I jumped out and wrapped my towel around me. I was so angry and it was at myself. I sat in a lawn chair. I decided then I wasn't going to let anyone run over me anymore. No more taking crap from people when I didn't deserve it. The broken girl that once let people take advantage, was Jo longer here, he's gone.