Working hard

About a week after we all went to the water park, I decided to go back to cleaning. It would be a great stress reliever for me. I didn't ask for help nor did I want it. I wanted to do this by myself. You see, independent was in my jurisdiction. I liked being able to something by myself. No one really understood that. Hayes asked me but I refused. Sky wanted to help but I told her I could do it. Nash didn't ask because he knew I wanted to be alone. Cam stayed home today.

I decided break time was finished. So with that, I was standing in the kitchen with no idea what I was suppose to be doing. You see, the dishes were done, probably late last night. The laundry was folded but I needed to give them to the kids. Everything was just about clean. All but the garden and I did need to wash my car. It needed a good washing. The good thing about washing something here, you had help if you wanted it.

"Nash," I yelled from downstairs. He should  have been up. It was already nine in the morning.

I waited in the kitchen for him to come to me. While waiting I heated up some breakfast bagels. I knew they wouldn't want any thing fancy. Sometime during my zone out, Nash entered the kitchen. Only thing I didn't get was, why I yelled for him instead of the other. Well either way they could both help if they wanted too. I didn't care who helped me to be honest. Cameron wasn't going to come over.

"You called," he said making me laugh. He chuckled and grabbed a bagel.

"You wanna help wash my car," I asked hoping he wouldn't get all emotional about how he didn't like soapy water.

"Sure," he said taking a bite of his bagel. A few minutes later Hayes and Sky were joining us.

Eventually after we all ate, we all went out to wash my car. Hayes didn't really like hard labor so he was on baby watch. He was to watch Sky until Nash and I finished with washing the car. He didn't mind watching her but I knew he'd rather help. Although me and Nash were pretty set. We had it under control. Nash brought a bucket with soapy water, around to my side. The drivers side looked horrible. I didn't even get why.

I began taking the wet soapy rag, over the driver door. Nash did the same with the back door. He kept joking with me about crazy things. Like one, he kept telling me really funny jokes about blondes. He would tell me knock-knock jokes. He was being crazy. But he was warming up to me and I liked that.

"Hey Amanda," Nash said. I looked over to him and didn't expect to get drenched with soapy water. It wasn't cold but it wasn't warm either. Actually it was just about the right temperature. He threw soapy water at me.

"NASH," I yelled as he began laughing. I was going to get him back. He placed his rag back on the door and began scrubbing. I did exactly what I needed to do. I grabbed my rag and walked over to him. Good thing he was wearing ball shorts and a muscle shirt. I was wearing a tank top and shorts. I placed the rag over his head and he seem me through the glass. He turned and grabbed my arms.

"Now now, lets not start this," he said grabbing the rag and placing it over my head. I glared at him.

"You wouldn't," I dared him. He tilted his head and his tongue connected with his cheek. He squeezed the rag slowly. The water dripped down on to my head and down my face.

"I would," he said turning back around. I stood there in shock but I was going to get him back. So I grabbed the water hose from beside me, and began spraying his shoulders then his head. He gasped and shivered at the cold water hitting him.

"Well, looks like I got you back after all," I said putting the hose down. He looked at me with his mouth hanging open. Then he brought his shirt over his head. He showed his very faint abs. They were noticeable but not to much.

"You will pay for that," he said picking up the hose. Dang I should have held on to that. He pointed at me and I stood still. He smiled sarcastically to me. But instead of spraying me he walked over to me. Slowly inching towards me.

Once he was right up on me he stood still. Looking at me, he placed the water hose in my hand. What? He then turned the nozzle towards my stomach. I had a bathing suit top on. He must've known that. He didn't push he nozzle down. His lips came to my ear and I could tell he was smiling.

"It's your turn to take your shirt off," he said as he squeezed the nozzle. He looked right in my eyes while the water drenched my shirt. We didn't break gaze. He stopped grinning as he looked me dead in the eye. My heart raced. What was he doing?

He let go of the nozzle. It didn't matter, I was soaked. He backed up just a few inches. He looked right at me. I realized I had the hose. But he knew I wasn't going to spray him. He knew I couldn't do that. I realized that he was waiting for me to choose to spray him or let go of the hose. So I dropped the hose and slipped my shirt over my head. My black and red striped bikini top showing. Now I was in shorts and a bikini top. He looked me up and down trying to get a good look.

"Now, we're even," he said turning to walk back to the door he was washing.

I wanted him to grab me up. I actually thought he was going to hug me or even, kiss me. I wanted him too. I didn't even know why. I guess it was the heat. Or maybe somewhere deep inside of me, I liked him. I needed for him I feel the same. But he didn't. Or at least he didn't show it. That's what hurt me. It hurt to see him washing the car and not even looking at me. It hurt me to see him.

After we finished the car looked like new. It was beautiful. I still wasn't satisfied. I didn't care about the car. I wanted Nash. He was doing exactly what he wanted. He was digging his nails in me, just so he could rip them out. He would get me to like him and then he'd break me. I had been done that way before. I wasn't stupid. But this time it wouldn't happen. So instead of letting him dig his way in, I was going to build a brick wall. He wouldn't get in.

That evening I ordered pizza for all of us. The pizza was pretty good. I didn't pay any attention to Nash. In fact when he came in, I walked out into the living room. And when he came in their I pretended to have to get some more drink. He never questioned me. He agreed with it. Funny I didn't care if he did it not, I was working hard. Working hard to avoid him and not let him hurt me in the end.