Ch. XI

Two months have passed, the guardians have not heard anything from Adam. Ty feels like it is his fault, but they blame Notch. The guardians have gotten a lot stronger, helping the Kingdom build up in strength and defenses. Their legend is no longer a myth to the Minecraftians. The Aether has sent out attacks every now and then, but the guardians protected everyone, the King isn't willing to break their alliance with the guardians and want to help. Soon the guardians gave up on trying to convince the King to stay out of it and work alongside with him. The guardians did go back to their temple, Seto deactivated every portal in their portal room. Destroying all of them, but unable to destroy the Aether Portal. And even though you destroy one portal, you have to destroy the one that portal is connected to or it will reappear. So the guardians destroyed them, they gave coordinates to the King to some since there is a large number of them all across Minecraftia. But during this, they found that all the Nether Portals are deactivated already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seto gets flung backward and hits the wall. He sinks to the floor, rubbing the back of his head.

"That didn't work..." He mumbled. His eyes look at the Nether Portal frame. Seto has been trying to activate the portal since they found out they can't activate any. Ariana walks over to him and crouches down.

"Maybe you should take a break, you have been doing this for hours." She said. Seto sits up.

"Sky has to be in there," Seto said.

"Makes sense, Brines love the Nether. But come on, we're late for breakfast already." Ariana said. She grabs his arm, helping him get up. Ariana and he left, walking towards the dining hall. Ariana had her wings out before she would cover them but now she sees no point. "You gonna show up for the party or are you gonna skip out on it again?" Seto looks at her.

"Skip," Seto said. He noticed the look of disappointment on her face. She turns more towards him.

"Why? You have to go to at least one." She said. Seto stops, she stops a few steps ahead.

"Ari, it is a masquerade ball," Seto said. Ariana nods.

"Yeah, I know. I just thought you had some girl--"

"Are you going?" Seto asks.

"I don't have anyone to go with, I was hoping maybe we could go together, I mean the ball is in celebration of all the battles you guys won. So I thought at least one of you should go." Ariana said as her cheeks redden.

"As friends?" Seto asks. Ariana looks away from him and nods.

"Yeah, of course as friends." She mumbled.

"Dancing isn't really my thing, Ari. Maybe ask someone else." Seto said. Ariana heard their names get called, Seto walked pass her, but he grabbed her hand. She turns around, Seto pulling her arm. "Come on." Seto lets go of her hand. Ariana looked at him and looks away. 'Why...Why is he so oblivious?' She thought. They go into the dining hall, the king and his family were sitting there as well as Ty and them. Ariana sits down between Ellie and the eldest Prince, Prince Vincent. Ariana looks over at Seto, Seto and Ty are talking about the Nether portal. She looks back at her plate.

"Ariana, did you ask him?" Ellie asks.

"I got rejected. I was asking for a date and he took it as I was asking to go to the ball as friends." Ariana said. The Prince chuckles.