Chapter 9 🌙

"Everybody halt!" Kakashi sensei orders, we've been running for while now which isn't much of a problem for me due to intense endurance trainings at the tundra, but still.

But what is a problem is the guy standing in front of me. "Who is that?" Sakura asks to which I sigh. "As if the black hair and sharingan weren't enough, I mean seriously didn't you study these guys or was that just bluff?" I ask, Sakura glaring at me from the sides of her eyes.

"Out of the blue Huh." Kakashi mutters staring straight ahead of our new opponent. "Those eyes." Old Lady Chiyo breathes, obviously a bit surprised at the sight. Unlike everyone else, I smile and place a hand on my hip. "You always arrive at the most convenient times Itachi." I sarcastically say, but am ignored, probably for the best.

He doesn't instill as much fear in me as he did when I was little, but I still feel sad when looking at him and remembering all the less complicated times. Plus he turned Sasuke into a hellbent avenger freak so that's always a bad point.

Old Lady Chiyo stands forwards "And so he is the brat that killed his whole clan." She states, staring stoically at the man in front of us. My gaze hardens in her direction, Despite everything I still refuse to believe that Itachi killed his clan just for the sake of hate.

I've accepted that he followed through with the act of the massacre, but I just won't accept the thought of him being hateful enough to do that.

That's not the Itachi I knew.

"It's been a while Kakashi, Naruto." He pauses for a moment before his eyesight switches to me "Haru."

"You bastard! Not just me but Gaara too." Naruto seethes, glaring at the uchiha in front of us. He points a finger at Itachi "I'll destroy all of you guys!"

Itachi slowly raises his hand and Kakashi's eyes widen In response. "Everyone! Don't look into his eyes, they're dangerous!" He commands. I sigh and rub my temples "couldn't you come later In the day Itachi? Terrible timing." I say rather nonchalantly making Sakura glare at me.

"Why are you so buddy buddy with all these S-ranked criminals?!" She asks, still glaring at my less than enthusiastic face. "Well Itachi and aren't So buddy buddy, that'd be awkward for a plethora of reasons." I say monotonely. Sakura, obviously annoyed with my answer, opens her mouth to retort but is beat to it by Lady Chiyo AKA the old hag.

"The uchiha clan." Old lady Chiyo speaks up "it's been a while since I went up against the sharigan." She says, effectively bringing the tone back to seriousness.

My eyes soften when I hear that.

••Flashback••

I lay down on my back and pant heavily on the grassy floor, Sasuke standing up like he didn't even break a sweat. "I told you the sharingan is more powerful." He cockily starts before deactivating the dojutsu. I look at his face through hooded eyes "I didn't even use any Kekkei genkai you punk."

He tilts his head in response. "You should've." I groan in annoyance and roll onto my side, now playing with the spikes of green grass and childishly looking away from him.

He shakes his head at me and takes my hands into his gloved ones, easily pulling me up and wrapping his arms around my waist. "I'll help you." He quietly says, almost as if he was telling a secret of some sort. I pull away from him slightly and arch a brow "help me with what?"

"If Itachi knows what you mean to me then he'll kill you." Sasuke bluntly says, showing me just how skewed his perception of his brother really is. I stay silent so he can continue.