Chapter 43 🌙

••Haru's Dream/Fashback••

"I can't believe they left again without me Ino." I say quietly as I sit at my bedroom's window still. My blonde friend, who's currently laying down on my bed as if it were her own with Isamu perched on her side, arches a brow at me.

"Your team is stupid Haru! Well, Sasuke isn't stupid of course, but Sakura and Naruto are! They don't know what they're missing out on." Ino says before fully sitting up and eyeing my sulky self. "It isn't their fault though, it's the hokage that doesn't want me to go out on missions." I reason, attempting to defend my team.

"And did they do anything to try and let you go on the missions?" She asks. I stay silent and continue staring out the window that's fogging up because of the cold weather, already knowing that my answer would incriminate team seven.

"Your lack of response is all the proof I needed." She says in triumph. "I train just as hard as them, I don't get it. Is Sakura a better kunoichi then me?" I rhetorically ask myself, not expecting Ino's fiery answer.

"You're better then all of them you stubborn red eyed idiot! Except Sasuke, he's better than everyone. No offense Haru." I roll my eyes at that "Gee thanks, and for the record I've beaten Sasuke while sparring a couple of times now."

"Thats my point! You managed beaten the coolest, most amazing, most attractive guy out there!"

"Are you sure we're talking about the same guy?" I seriously ask. Sasuke is cool, amazing, and attractive?

I don't think Ino could get any funnier than this.

"Whats that supposed to mean?! Are you saying that Sasuke-kun isn't perfect?!"

"That's exactly what I'm saying." I bluntly respond before looking away from the window and smirking at Ino's irritated face. With the irk mark on her forehead, she opens her mouth to give me an earful but a sudden knock on the door downstairs interrupts us both.

My eyebrows furrow when I notice Ino's irritated expression morph into an excited one. My team are all out in a mission, Tenzo sensei is also out on a mission, and I don't talk to people. Who could be at the door?

I sigh and peel off the throw blanket that I'm warmly wrapped in, only to stand up and throw it across my shoulders. Ino arches a brow at my attire. "You're gonna open the door looking like that?"

I pout and turn to my mirror. I'm currently wearing long fuzzy socks, oversized sweatpants, and an oversized sweater. Not to mention that my hair is no longer in it's usual braids, but instead in a messy bun which landed me the nickname "snowball"

"I think I look great. Now come along I don't want to go downstairs alone."

So we both run downstairs and Ino basically opens the door without any hesitation. My eyes widen slightly when I see the three people standing at the doorframe. "Asuma sensei? Shika and Choji?" I curiously ask as I approach the door behind Ino, also wrapping the blanket around myself a bit tighter.

Asuma smiles when he notices my look of confusion. "Hey Haru! Kakashi let me know that he wouldn't be here for at least a week, so I thought we'd adopt you into the team in the meantime." He says. I stare at him wide eyed as Ino squeals and wraps her arms around my neck "Yay no more complaining about being alone!" She says as she jumps up and down.

"Haru can we come in? It's snowing and getting sick is such a drag." Shikamaru lazily says, and that's when I notice the wind and snow picking up speed behind them. I nearly choke on my own spit as I clumsily let them all in. As I close the door behind me, I notice Choji and Shikamaru in specific looking around my house in slight amazement.