Chapter 65 Part 2 🌙

Recap: "And I don't know if you're aware but, I've been built to kill. Its in my blood. I'm sorry if this disrupts your image of me." I say before glancing back at Tsunade only to see her wide eyes trained on me.

I hold her eye contact and smirk bitterly, feelings I once had resurfacing as my past has very easily been brought to light. The Irony of the situation weighing on me harshly.

"Now that I think about it. I'm finally doing what I was born to do, isn't it Tsunade? Kill for the leaf village, because thats all I'd ever be good for."

••••

Its a chillingly quiet moment as the words tumble from my mouth. Almost as if it were a slap to Tsunade's face. "Haru, you don't understan-" She begins, but its no use. My blood already begins to boil, and theres no stopping that. "Understand what? That I was kept in the leaf village so I wouldn't come back to kill you all after? Only to then force me into the hokage position because lets face it. I'd make a great commander of war." I say, my voice as sharp as knives.

She falters, noting my clenched jaw and raging eyes. "You've misunderstood!" She weakly replies, her own heart hurting from the tortured look on my face. I know everything, everything they've all worked so hard to keep from me. And she knows it too.

"I've misunderstood." I repeat with a bubbling rage in my voice, the urge to snap back at her and say something extremely hurtful surges through me, but I remain from doing so.

Self control Haru, self control.

"Tsunade isn't my fight today, Pein is. I came here to help, not to attack. Help, no attacking. You are a forgiving person Haru. Much more mature." I whisper to myself, earning odd and slightly alarmed looks from the elder frogs who were able to hear me somehow. I'll show her, and I'll show the rest of this village that I'm above them. Despite what they've done to me.

I let out a deep sigh and shake my head slightly, letting a strained smile grace my face. "Fine, its okay! You're not my problem today Tsunade. Okami!" I call out, and I instantly feel a huge gush of air from behind me, letting me know that it is the large wolf that jumped behind me, ready to do whatever ordered.

I look over at Naruto who's been oddly quiet, and arch a brow when he also calls out for Gamachiki, seems like we're on the same page.

"Take Granny Tsunade someplace safe! Granny, I'll take over from here!" Naruto orders, his eyes not wavering as he glares fiercely at our enemies. "Tell the villagers to stay out of the way, it'll be difficult to fight while trying to cover for them." Naruto adds on.

What villagers? I barely saw any and I was walking all over the place!

With her head bowed low, Tsunade manages to nod. "Understood, but take Katsuyu. I know she'll be useful to you. She has intel on them." She says reaching over with the smaller slug in her hands. Both of the older yet small toads jump onto Naruto's scroll and the male toad takes Katsuyu while at it.

"Katsuyu girl, keep yourself hidden in Naruto-boy's clothes." The old toad orders to which she responds with an obedient yes. I grimace slightly when the slug makes its way onto Naruto's body.

I never liked those slugs.

Distracted by the summoning animal, I nearly get whiplash when I feel something grab at my hand. Looking down, I see that its Tsunade, holding my hand and practically leaning on me for support. My ruby red eyes widen immensely. This is the first time I've ever received any sort of. . . comfort, besides Sasuke.