Chapter 54 🌙

My eyes snap open, my chest rises and falls dramatically, and wisps of white hair fall on my face. I furrow my eyebrows, my hair is white again?

I look around and gape at all the damage.

There is no longer a temple, only gigantic pieces of rubble. The ground is littered with large craters and gashes, leaving the area barren of any immediate wildlife. Smoke arises from openings in the rubble of whats left of the temple, and Pein is nowhere in sight.

I look up at the gloomy sky, and numbly stare as Karasu is nowhere in sight. What the hell happened here?

The only thing left, the only thing left is the wooden dome that I created before the battle started.

I made it in order to protect Shinji and Isao from any harm that may come from this battle, it looks like it did its job.

My heart drops at the sight of the small dome, the fight with Pein was a distraction. Now its time to face the problem at hand. I glance at a large shard of broken crystal on the floor. Its reflective property allowing me to see myself for the first time.

I cringe at the sight.

My clothes are torn up, my glove is nowhere to be found, and my pin straight hair is now only mid-chest length. A drastic change from what it once was. The major difference though, a bigger change than the hair, has to be all my battle scars.

My skin is clear of any old scars, and current wounds, or any bruises. My skin is comparable to that of a porcelain doll, there are no hideous scars on my abdomen, there are no bruises from horrendous injections. My skin is. . .prefect.

I hitch my breath and look away from the broken crystal, turning my attention back to the lone dome. The atmosphere is all too silent, so silent that I could almost hear my inner demons whispering to me. It's unnerving, Shinji would be able to calm me down. He could make me laugh and disrupt the haunting silence.

He could help me, just like he always would.

I slowly walk towards the dome, the silence is killing me. I could hear my own heartbeat the closer I get to the dome. Then I finally reach it, I softly place my hand on the enchanting wood and watch as it sinks back into the ground as if it were never there to begin with.

I audibly gasp as my eyes set on the two bodies laying on the floor. My legs give out and I'm suddenly on my knees right in front of the two lifeless figures. "No." I whisper numbly. I stare in horror as the body who's closer to me, Isao, bleeds from his mouth.

"No no no." I whimper, placing both hands on him and frantically checking for any signs of life.

"Hey kid." A raspy voice says. My eyes widen and I look up at his face, only to see that his red eyes are slightly open. I let out a huge sigh of relief "Oh my gosh I-I'll try and find the nearest medical treatment Oh my goodness-"

"Brat give u-up already. Will ya?" He asks as more blood begins to drip from his mouth. My eyes harden "What?! Of course not you can't die I can't believe you're alive holy shit I need to get you to a hospit-"

"Kid. . .Calm down. It's my time to go alright?" He tells me. Tears begin to form at the corners of my eyes "What type of nonsense are you spouting out?!" I nearly yell, this is the first time in a long time that I've ever been so. . . scared.

Isao smirks, coughing up a bit of blood after doing so. "kid, I'm more than ready to go. My summoners up there, I'll finally reunite with her." Isao tells me. Tears begin to free fall from my eyes as I listen closely to his words. The signs of my sadness begin to mix in with his blood on the ground.