Chapter 47 🌙

••In the Leaf Village••

"So what did you want to talk about?" Sakura asks sweetly, letting of go Narutos neck as she straightens up in front of the hokage. Naruto and Sakura were both called in by tsunade in an urgent meeting, Jiraiya also appeared to talk with them as well.

Naruto and Sasuke both notice the closed off body language and silence of Tsunade. "Whats wrong granny Tsunade? Don't you have something you want to tell us? " Naruto asks.

"Well, theres certain information that is being spread throughout the region. It's about that." She says whilst looking down at her desk. "Information? What about?" Naruto curiously questions. Both of the sannins eyes harden as they are asked the question. "Orochimaru us dead. It seems Uchiha Sasuke killed him."

Sakura and Narutos eyes both widen at the unexpected news. "Is that true?" Naruto almost whispers, not believing it to be true. "Theres no mistake about it. I heard from it a reliable source." Jiraiya tells him.

Naruto suddenly laughs, gleefully raising his arms behind his head. "Heh! After all, theres no way he'd get killed by Orochimaru! That means Sasuke will be coming back to the Hidden Leaf! Right?" He exclaims, but his happy smile falters once he notices the grim looks of the sannin.

"That doesn't seem to be the case." Jiraiya tells his pupil. "Orochimaru is dead, so why isn't he returning to the village?" Naruto exclaims, feeling frustrated by the Uchiha's actions. "Sasuke is possessed by the desire for revenge. He intends to approach the akatsuki in order to kill his older brother Itachi."

"That guy! Is he still. .? Damnit!" Naruto curses to himself "Well lets get going then! The operation 'Track Akatsuki' is still ongoing, right?" Naruto asks. "Yeah." Tsunade simply replies, waiting for the blonde to talk so she could break the other information she received.

"If we hunt down that akatsuki member first, we'll definitely run into Sasuke eventually!" Naruto exclaims.

Tsunade sighs "Before you get any new ideas, theres another piece of impotant information that we must give you." She says before making quick eye contact with Jiraiya who nods. "Senju Haru, your former comrade, has been kicked out of the akatsuki." She says, watching as the two students faces morph into shock once again.

"Wait what?! What do you mean they kicked her out?" Sakura suddenly asks, beating Naruto to it.

"Due to the suppressants running through Haru's body, she was deemed incompetent to work with them anymore. They kicked her out because they didn't need her anymore, she can no longer bring anything effective to the table." Jiraiya tells the two.

"What does this mean?! So is she coming back to the leaf?! She has to! Where else would she go?! She's not safe anywhere else!" Naruto exclaims, a hopeful glint in his eye. He had read all of her journals while he was in the hospital. All of them.

And to say that he felt like a horrible person was an understatement. All those years he thought he was being a good friend to her, when in reality he was only contributing to her self torment. He wanted to make it up to her somehow. He needed to.

"Odds are she is going to go out and find Uchiha Sasuke, he's all the protection she needs." Tsunade says, murmuring the last part and rolling her eyes at it. "HUH? But she doesn't have chakra! And one of the biggest bounties in the world is on her head! She's not safe at all!" Naruto exclaims, worry seeping through his tone.