Bogart says "26"

Enjoy reading everyone!

 ❁◕ ‿ ◕❁

Eiji’s Point of View

The morning was very good to me. Aside from dad had his mind dropping me to school, I got to ask mom to tie my hair with a ponytail. The way she did it was way better and more gentle than that braided, muscle built of an officer. I got mom wondering why did I ask her about this just recently. I could not say “Mama, cute daw kasi ako pagnakaganito sabi ni Buknoy”. I just couldn’t; not with Dad snatching occasional glances at me from the mirror probably monitoring any signs of pangingilig on my part.

“Pa kayo ba susundo sa akin mamaya?” I asked while suspending my then heavy shoulder bag, trying to show them I can shoulder things like a man – one who always mistaken as a girl, has a medium length hair that just got ponytailed by his mom.

I could sense vague chances based from mom’s lasting 24 hours make-up face, dad’s corporal suit hanging at the car’s back, and their irritating phones constantly beeping every second while still on the road. But…

“We’ll try honey.” Mom said, pinching my then pale looking face.

I was, in the true sense of the word, happy. And not even the powderpuff gays bleak of  an endless tittle-tattle of me in a pink sanrio could turn me into Mojojojo. Having drank two cups of kopiko black yesterday hyperactivated my brain till twelve midnight. I should be thankful that reenactment of Eiji on the second night of retreat did not show up or I’ll end up cramming for the long tests in Physics, Statistics and Mathematics. Ugh. I can’t believe there’s three of them.

And now that the tests of how far can you torture your brain till you passed out were done, I’m afraid you cannot converse with me for another minute without being weirded by the crest and troughs, range and domain, hyperbola and parabola of shinanigans irreversibly coming out of my mouth. Only a banquet before my eyes would more or less, healed the bejesus in me after that brain damaging classes on the four corners of purgatory.

“Wow. Eiji gutom? Last lunch mo?” Patti, who just arrived, made it a point to comment.

“Patti do you have any idea how hard it is not to slit a wrist while solving (using Coulomb’s Law) the force of attraction between the proton and the electron in the atom given a radius of a Hydrogen atom 5.30 x 10 ^ -11 m? I barely survive!? That’s why I’m celebrating!” Patti looked at me with a blank face as if she was telling me of all the words I said “wrist-slitting” was the last word she was proud to remember.

“Wag galit!? Chill, pwede? Mabuti ka pa nga nabuhay e. Kami kanina lupasay. Ang gagago ng mga kaguruan, ano?” I would’ve nodded to her bold opinion but I was reminded that not all were like that. It’s just a matter of drinking two cups of kopiko. Ahaha!

“Nakita mo ba si Buknoy?” I asked her while fleetingly looking at Buknoy’s usual table.

“Umabsent for the first time. Ang tahimik nga ng room e. Wala akong ibang maasar kundi yung kakambal nya sa uma na si Robert.”

Buknoy is so stubborn. Was it because yesterday? I told him we can still see each other at school by tomorrow. O God give me the strength to carry this one on. As somehow guilty, I fished my phone (none QWERTY this time) out my pocket and began texting.

“Hoy impakto good morning! Bat di ka pumasok? o.O” I double sent. Lunch break was over and yet there’s not a single vibration from my phone. Feeling ko I was ignored. Nagalit ata. It was only until the class entered the chapel did my phone vibrated. All eyes and ears are on me, my phone and its wrong-timing vibration.