20

And you made me scream but then I made you cry - Ed Sheeran 

The hardest part of being in a homosexual relationship during the middle ages was hiding it. No one could find out, no one. The problem was that there were servants always everywhere. None of them could know that Luke was in Ashton's room, not now they had decided that he wouldn't be leaving that night. That's why Ashton invited Michael and Gabriel over for dinner in his room. Nothing unusual. Except for the small misunderstanding.

Ashton told a servant to let Michael and Gabriel know about his invitation and asked an other servant to bring a meal for one person to his room. Michael and Gabriel then asked the page who'd brought Ashton's message to inform the kitchen about their wishes to get three meals delivered to the brunette's room.

None of the servants suspected a thing and they brought four meals to the room. Just a case of miscommunication between Ashton and his brother and teacher.

"So, you guys are a thing now?" was the first thing Michael said when he entered with Gabriel on his side. Luke blushed at the remark, hiding himself behind Ashton. Instead of answering, the older boy looked at Luke, waiting for him to say something, as if what he had to say was more important. It probably was.

"Y-yes, we are."

He stuttered, his words slightly muffled by the fabric of Ashton's shirt. Michael's grin couldn't get any bigger, as he pulled the two boys to his chest, resulting in a soft whine from Luke. The lad didn't appreciated being forced to be affectionate and the pain of his didn't help either. Michael immediately let go after he realised and sent him an apologetic look.

"Let's eat, yeah?"

Gabriel said in an attempt to change the subject. By lack of enough chairs, they decided to sit on the floor together. Michael watched Luke carefully, keeping an eye on how much he ate. He wasn't the only one though and Ashton decided to speak up when Luke pushed his plate away, indicating he was finished.

"Shouldn't you eat a little more? You ate about half of what we ate."

Ashton said, worry apparent in his voice. He hated how skinny Luke was, not because he thought it wasn't beautiful, he was simply worried about his health. Luke pouted at the remark, feeling little hurt. He knew he ate less than the others, but he was full. He thought it was a waste to eat more than necessary.

"No, he's fine, Ashton. He shouldn't eat more than his stomach can handle. He's not used to eating a lot."

Michael defended him, receiving a sigh in response from Ashton.

"I just want you to be okay."

He whispered as he nuzzled his face in Luke's neck.

"I know that, I want to be okay too. I just need some time, alright?"

Luke responded, looking at the floor.

"And we'll give you that." Gabriel reassured him. "I could teach you some more about the world tomorrow. Would you like that?"

The teacher's offer cheered him up and he nodded. Ashton, on the other hand, didn't seem all that enthusiastic.

"About that," he said, "can you teach him in this room tomorrow?"

"What? Why?"

"I don't want him to leave this room."

"Excuse me?"

Luke gasped offended. Didn't he get a say in this? It was his life after all.

"Why not?"

Michael asked with a frown on his face. He didn't want his brother to start acting like a possessive boyfriend.