Nothing beat the feeling of Ashton's arm wrapped tightly around his waist. There was simply no better way to end the day. The couple was lying even closer than usually, their bodies tied together with the white duvets. He could feel Ashton's hot breaths on his shoulder, sending shivers down his spine. Convinced that nothing felt as good as his boyfriend's gentle warmth, he pressed himself even closer against him.

“You still awake?”

Ashton mumbled with his lips dangerously close to his ear. Luke simply nodded, not even bothering to open his eyes. Despite his lively thoughts, his eyelids were glued together with tiredness. He could feel Ashton's chest vibrating as he spoke and oh, he could not have wished for more.

“I keep thinking about Calum.”

His voice sounded more broken than he'd expected and he cursed himself for even saying anything. Ashton's grip around his waist tighten a little as he used one hand to rub his skin soothingly.

“Don't worry, love. The doors are locked and I'm not planning on letting you go until the sun has risen and I know where you're heading to.”

Luke knew he had nothing to worry about, he knew what kind of boyfriend Ashton was. He always made sure that they were touching somehow and got grumpy when Luke left his side. He was exactly the kind of boyfriend Luke needed.

“I know, Ash.”

He turned around in his embrace so they were facing each other. Not that they could see much, there was barely any light in the room. But he could feel Ashton's gaze and that was enough. Besides, he could now rest his head against his chest.

“You're mine.”

It was a strange mix between a possessive growl and a soothing reminder. Ashton was the king of messing with Luke's senses, he combined things carelessly and always found a way to say what his boyfriend needed to hear.

“I'm yours.”

Luke agreed. His stomach was churning and his head was spinning with thoughts. He didn't know where he found the courage, but Ashton was more than happy that he did.

“Prove it.”

Mark me. Luke wanted to scream at the top of his lungs that he belonged to Ashton. That all trails of the duke had been replaced by kisses and glances from Ashton. That he loved him and that his love was returned. That no one else could touch him.

But he couldn't.

He would never be allowed to do that. No one was to know about their relationship. Luke needed something though. Something that made him feel wanted as much as it made him feel safe.

He needed a love bite.

“Are you sure?”

Ashton questioned even though he was already propping up his body with his elbow, ready to change positions.

“Yes, do it.”

He lied down on his back after slowly untangling himself from Ashton.

“Please.” He added as an after thought, even if it came out as a whimper. Ashton linked their hands together before climbing on top of him, straddling his waist. He took his time, giving Luke more than enough opportunities to protest. This was their first time giving each other love bites and he didn't feel like pressuring his boyfriend.

Luke held on to the blankets, crumbling them in his tight fists as he waited for the first contact.

He didn't want to think about the duke, but the man clouded his judgment and influenced his expectations. He prepared himself for some pain, nothing compared to the bites Calum had gotten yet still not all too pleasurable.