Chapter Four ~ Plans

Chapter Four
Plans

"I don't ask where you've been every time you don't come home

"I don't ask where you've been every time you don't come home."
"That's different"

As soon as the door shut behind her, Freddie stepped in to sight, his arms crossed. "Where were you last night?" He questioned.

Lottie sighed, avoiding his eye contact as she walked past him. "I don't ask where you've been every time you don't come home."

"That's different," he insisted.

"How?" She snapped. "How is it any different?"

Freddie took a deep breath and glared at her coldly. "Where were you?" He repeated.

Sighing, she shrugged. "I was at John's. I got a bit drunk last night and I stayed at his."

Freddie immediately opened his mouth, but she cut across him before he could speak.

"Nothing happened. He slept on the sofa and I slept on the bed."

"Right," he said sarcastically, his arms crossed, still glaring, obviously not believing her.

She turned to face him. Her blue eyes ablaze. "I can't believe you!" She exclaimed.

Ignoring him as he argued back at her, she made her way to her room and slammed the door behind her. She got changed into a clean set of clothes and brushed her auburn hair. As she sat at her dressing table, there was a knock at her door. "Yes?" She called out.

Freddie walked cautiously in, his head bowed. "I'm sorry I got mad," he apologised.

Lottie raised her eyebrows at him in the mirror. "I hope so."

"It's just that you're my only family and I know what shit goes on in this town and when you don't come home, I'm scared that it's happened to you," he explained as he walked towards her.

Sighing, she nodded. "It's just incredibly hypocritical. You don't come back for days and I worry, but because it's you, you think it's fine."

"How about this? We both try to come home every night and if we can't, we tell each other, okay?"

"Okay," she agreed.

"Good," he smiled, kissing the top of her head before leaving.

Lottie shook her head exasperated, a small smile on her lips. She finished getting ready and got up to head to the betting shop as she had promised John.