Chapter Ten ~ The Wedding

Chapter Ten
The Wedding

Chapter TenThe Wedding

"I love him, Polly. I love him"

          John smiled as he looked down at Lottie who was still asleep, her head resting on his chest. He could get used to this, he thought smugly. He knew they had to get up as Tommy had something planned, but he could barely think about that. All the misery he had felt had completely evaporated all because of Lottie. Why did he ever have doubts? What an idiot he had been. He brought a hand up and began to caress Lottie's auburn hair. He smiled softly when he heard her sigh in her sleep, before her eyes fluttered open. She looked up at him, grinning. "Morning," she murmured.

          "Morning," he replied happily.

           She lent forward and kissed his lips softly. He kissed her back, rolling over so that she was underneath. As the kisses became more passionate, she finally giggled and turned her head away from him, but John wouldn't stop. His lips continued to kiss her, trailing from her eyelids to her cheek, the corners of her mouth and down her neck. She laughed again and tried to grab his face. "We need to get up," she giggled. "We're meeting Tommy, remember?"

          "Or we could just stay here..." he offered.

          "Despite how much I'd love to, we promised," she insisted.

          He groaned with fake annoyance, rolling onto his back. Lottie rested her arms on his chest. His smile faded as looked at her with serious honesty. "Are you happy?" He asked.

          "I'm very happy," she whispered back.

          Smiling, he lifted his head to kiss her again.

          "Stop," she argued. "Come on, otherwise we'll never get up."

          Lottie climbed out of the covers and dressed into a pretty pastel green dress and applied red lipstick whilst John sat up in the bed, smiling as he watched her. Once she was ready, she turned to him. "You look beautiful," he whispered.

          Blushing, she kissed him, giggling when she left a red lipstick stain on his lips. She grabbed her handkerchief and wiped it off. "Come on," she said.

          Begrudgingly, he got up and dressed into his suit. He stopped, looking around for his cap before seeing Lottie standing smugly with it on her head. Chuckling he walked over to her and brushed his lips against hers. "I love you," he smiled.

          The two of them left her apartment, John wearing his cap after managing to get it off Lottie, and the two of them walked over to the field they had been told to go. Lottie froze seeing the Blinders and Maxim all gathered together, roses in their jackets. Fear washed over her. What was going on? But she realised, she knew. This was a wedding. John's. John didn't seem to pick up on it and continued walking towards them.