Chapter Eight ~ Right And Wrong

Chapter Eight
Right and Wrong

Chapter EightRight and Wrong

"They're whores"

          Grace and Lottie walked side by side as they entered Kimber's house, they're arms linked nervously together. Lottie wanted to bury her fear but everything about Kimber brought back too many memories. She wasn't afraid of him, but him. Lottie shivered and tried to think of trivial things, like the house. It was very large and rather magnificent. But it did not impress her.

          They entered one of the rooms; it was very red with wide windows, a Poole table at the back of the room. "You showed me up at the races," said Kimber, turning to Lottie, his face slimy. "Why don't you teach me how to dance properly?"

          Grace glanced at Lottie who tensed where she stood, before he took her hand.

"The music is too slow," she said. "Put on a Charleston."

          "But then we'll be far away. I want to dance like this." He lent his head closer to hers. "Come on, you weren't so stiff back there, were you, hm?" He added when she lent her head away from his face.

          Lottie stepped away from him and forced a smile to her lips. She had to try with her all might to stop her body from shaking. She assumed she managed it, or perhaps he did not care if she was trembling in his arms. The idea made her want to throw up. When she looked up and saw his face, it was not Kimber, but him. Lottie shook her head. No. It was not him, she had to remind herself. They were different. But they were so similar... Both men had dark, neat hair and a trimmed moustache above their top lips. The same horrid mind. The only difference was that Kimber looked slimy and he... Well, he looked perfect...

          "You ever been in a house this big?" He asked, eyeing her.

          She said nothing. It isn't him... It isn't him... she repeated to herself. She could no longer focus on Kimber or Grace to was standing nervously to the side. He was spreading through her mind like a plague.

          "Hm?" He questioned before whispering, "Look at you. You look so innocent... so pure..."

          Kimber stepped towards her, lifting his hand to her chin, forcing her to look at him. Lottie almost jumped and tried to hide the terrified look in her eye. She saw Grace watching the two of them, frozen in her seat. Kimber's eyes were hungry. Kimber put his arms tightly on her waist and pulled her towards him. They made a couple of steps to the music, Lottie feeling like a rag doll in his arms as she tried everything to stop herself from hyperventilating. It isn't him, it isn't him, she repeated in her mind. When they stopped moving, with one hand, Kimber traced her red lips. "So young and beautiful," he murmured, smiling disgustingly. "So innocent... I'll soon fix that..."