Chapter Thirty-Two ~ Snow

Chapter Thirty-Two
Snow

Chapter Thirty-TwoSnow

"No fucking fighting"

The joyful chatter of the large crowd accompanied Lottie's little family as they caught up with Tommy and Grace's carriage. She pulled Michael close to her, kissing his lips firmly, a wide smile plastered across them. Polly was happily holding and talking to Freddie. With a cheer, Tommy and Grace led the crowd into the house. Soon, peopled filled the decorated rooms of Tommy's house, noise and music and dancing everywhere. Lottie stood with Michael, Maxim, Ada and Nic. Maxim laughed as he held Freddie in his arms. "Just like his uncle," he said, happily. He then added, "But let's hope much cleverer."

Ada elbowed him with an "Oi," but they were happy.

Nic shook his head with a smile before his eyes landed on something. "Mind out, best man incoming."

Arthur appeared, his hands clapping down on Nic and Michael's shoulders. "Lottie, Michael, Max, Nic, kitchen," interrupted Arthur as he walked past.

"When?" Michael asked.

"Five minutes."

Lottie rolled her eyes. "There's always something going on, isn't there," she joked. Sighing, she said, "We better go, though."

"Arthur, what about me?" called Ada after her brother.

"Just look after the kids!" He shouted back.

Ada huffed, crossing her arms. "Alright," she muttered annoyed, "give him here. The nanny will take the kids upstairs soon anyway."

"Thanks, Ada," said Michael.

"Just go on you lot before I take Freddie, Karl and all of John and Esme's lot down with you."

Lottie rolled her eyes and give her a quick hug and Freddie a small kiss before the group followed Arthur through the hallways. They had just made their fourth turn when Lottie said, "Are you sure you know your way to the kitchen, Arthur?"

"Tommy showed me earlier," he said, but his eyes were darting towards every door.

Maxim walked ahead. "I hear voices through here."

They opened the door and the kitchen revealed itself. Lottie snickered. "Finally."

"I'm telling you now, Tom, we got lost," said Arthur, putting his hands up in the air apologetically as the group entered.