IV

My eyes open as my brother runs down the hall, yelling at the top of his lungs. I hide my face under my blanket not ready to face the day just yet. Thank Lucifer it's Saturday.
As I start falling asleep again, my phone makes a dinging noise signaling a text has come through.
“I guess I'm just not meant to sleep in today.” I mumble to myself and see who texted me. Much to my surprise, it was my mother who has texted me. I never really cared much for my mom, she was never around and when I needed her most she would always ignore me.
Mom: Hello sweetheart, it's been awhile since we've last talked. Would you like to go out for lunch some time today?
Reading that causes me to laugh. She goes months sometimes years without talking to me but then she expects me to be all buddy buddy with her.
Allie: No thanks, I don't really feel like it.
I then hold my phone and walk out to the living room. When I get there I spot my brother playing The Legend of Zelda. He's running around the town swinging his sword around.
“What the hell are you doing?” I ask with curiosity lacing my voice.
Richie just shrugs and continues running through the town. He is so weird sometimes.
Taking a seat on the couch I get on my phone and play a game. I probably have played for about an hour until my stomach starts growling.
I get up and make my way to the kitchen. Grabbing a bowl, cocoa puffs, and milk I make myself a bowl of cereal.
Dad then walks into the kitchen and takes a seat next to me reading the newspaper.
“So, how has your morning gone?” He asks.
I sigh, “It started out ok even though I was woken up. Well, until Mom texted me.”
“What did she say?”
“Just that she wanted us to get lunch together.” I wanted nothing to do with my mother. Sure she's blood, but to me she's more of a womb donor than anything.
Dad nodded, knowing that I declined her offer. He then continues to read his newspaper leaving me in silence as I eat my food.  
Finishing, I take my bowl and set it in the sink.
I turn back before I exit the kitchen, “It was nice talking to you Dad, I think I'm going to hang in my room for a bit now though.”
“Ok, have fun. I presume you're going to be listening to music?” Dad says looking up from his newspaper.
“Yep, see ya!”
I run my fingers over the wall as I walk down the hall, remembering all the times I was scolded for drawing on them.
I chuckle to myself.
I get into my room and pull out my music player, turning my music playlist on shuffle.
Laying on my bed I softly hum along to the songs that play, taking in the beautiful melodies and meanings that each song has.
My phone snaps me out of my thoughts when I get the notification for a text. It's from Papa Emeritus III.
Papa: Hello Allie, I was wondering if you would like to go out to get some food with me at *insert fancy restaurant here* sometime today?
Allie: I would love to, but that's an awfully expensive place to go. Are you sure about going there?
Papa:If I wasn't sure I wouldn't have said that place, now would I? But since you said you’d be willing to go, make sure you wear something nice and I'll meet you there at 1:30.
Allie: Ok, meet you there.
Papa: Great, see you then.
I check the time and the clock reads “11:27.” Great, I still have time to get ready.
I run to my closet and search through the hangers trying to find a nice dress to wear. I search until I find a nice one with a back top and pink bottom with crows on it. Taking it into the bathroom with me I hang on a rack on the door then take a quick shower.
After my shower I change into my dress, and do a small bit of eyeliner.
I look at the time and see that I have an hour until I have to be there, so I start leaving my house so I can get there early.
“Better early than late” my grandpa used to tell me. It was a good thing that I left early because traffic is a nightmare. I'm tempted to text Papa E saying that I'll be late, but decide against it.
I get there just in time to be a little early 1:23. I park and exit my car, only to see Papa standing at the door.
He smiles then walks over to me, pulling me into a hug. I try wrapping my arms around his neck for the hug but he's too tall compared to my small frame.
“Damn it, you're big for me to put my arms around your neck.” I say while just settling with wrapping my arms around his waist.
Papa laughs and leans down to my ear, “You know what else is big? My…” he clears his throat, breaks away from the hug and points to his crotch.
I feel my cheeks heat up, and I'm sure they're a shade of bright red.
“Really?” I ask, in an ‘are you kidding me’ type of way.
“There's only one way to find out.” He smirks, noting my tone but plays dumb, and winks at me as he takes my hand and guides me to the restaurant.
I think this man is trying to kill me.
We sit down together at a table near the back of the place. A small try of three candles sit on the side of the table. I get distracted by watching the flames flicker, them seeming to sway to the rhythm of the classical music.
Papa snaps his fingers in front of my face to gain my attention, “What would you like to drink? I was thinking wine, but if you have something else in mind.” He trails off.
“Wine is fine, I just can't get too tipsy. I do have to drive home after all.”
Papa E gets this mischievous look in his eyes, “But it would be a shame if I couldn't take someone as beautiful as you to my hotel room because you aren't drunk.” He teases.
“Well, I'm not like some of the other “girls” you meet, and I don't like being tipsy or drunk anyways. I like having control of my actions.” I say sipping the water than the waiter has already brought for us.
Papa reaches over, places his hand atop of mine and rubs my knuckles with his thumb, “You're a very wise lady, I like that.”
I smile, “Thanks. Now let's order some food, I'm starving.”
“As you wish.”
Papa Emeritus then calls over the waiter and we order our food.

*timeskip to after they eat*

“That was nice.” I say leaning into Papa's side as he wraps his arm around my shoulders and we walk towards my car.
“Agreed, we should do it again sometime.”
“Yeah, it was great actually getting to know you. You're not that bad, you know?” I say looking up so him and I make eye contact.
He smiles, “Thanks Allie, you're not too bad yourself. Well, it looks like we're at your car. Text me later?”
“Of course.”
Papa now starts leaning down so his face is my height and then gets closer. I can tell he's going to try to kiss me.
I put my finger to his lips stopping him, “Sorry, I don't kiss on the first date.” I remove my finger, “Maybe next time, lover boy.” I state teasingly.
He pouts, but straightens himself, “Well, I really did enjoy this day. I'll talk to you later, dear.”
After getting in my car I let out a squeak of happiness and flail my arms around.
I pretty much just went on a date with the lead singer of Ghost.
Heh, people might say ‘what the hell were you thinking to not let him kiss you?’ But I really just want to get to know him more before we get into any sort of relationship that's more than friends.
Before I start to leave the parking space I hear my phone go off. Once again, it was a text from Papa.
Papa: I just thought I'd say I saw your little freak out and it was adorable.
I blush like mad because I didn't think that he saw that.
Allie: Well, I'm beyond embarrassed now, thanks for that.
Papa: Anytime.
Allison: I was being sarcastic.
Papa: I know.
I sigh and begin my journey home.