VI

Emeritus: Great, you're not arguing. Just text me your address and I should be there within the next hour or so.
Well shit, Papa Emeritus III is coming to my house. This should be eventful, and not in that type of way.
I oblige and send him my address, preparing myself for the awkwardness that is to come.
“Dad, a friend of mine is coming over, please try to not embarrass me!” I yell down the hall towards his room.
I hear him laugh, “I'll try.”
Shaking my head I go to my closet to see if I can find something more presentable than my tank top and baggy sweatpants.
I decide to keep the tank top on, but put a zip up skeleton jacket over it and replace my sweatpants with leggings. Right after I get changed the doorbell rings.
Guessing that it's Emeritus at the door, I run as fast as I can to it to keep my dad from opening it.
I can't help but smile when I see Emeritus once I swing the door open.
“Someone seems happy to see me.” he says pulling me into a hug.
I gladly hug back and nod
“And I was right,” he says with a smile, “you do look gorgeous even in pyjamas.”
I take a step back after we let go of the hug and look into his eyes, I can't help but get lost in them.
Emeritus waves his hand in front of my face, “Earth to Allie.”
I jump a little, “Ah, sorry. Here, come in.”
He nods then follows me to the living room.
“So what do you have planned?” he asks with his accent as thick as ever.
Why am I paying attention to the tiny little details about him?
Ugh.
Snapping out of my thoughts, I work up a reply, “I don't know, we could watch a movie if you want.”
“That works, I'll let you choose the movie since this is your house after all.” He replies.
Damn, he's so polite.
I walk over to the movie shelf, picking up the Labyrinth. It's been forever since I've watched this, so why not. Putting it in the player, I then take a seat next to Emeritus.
“Ah, the Labyrinth, a good one.” He says draping  his arm over my shoulder.
I hum in agreement and lean into his side enjoying the comfort I get from being in his embrace.
His chest rose and fell in a bumpy manor signally Emeritus is laughing, “Comfy yet?”
“Yep, very.” I say as I smile and look up at him then turn my attention to the movie.
During the movie I notice that I start sliding down until my head is lying on Emeritus’ lap. His fingers find their way into my hair and I sigh in content.
Feeling my eyelids grow heavy, I let myself fall into a slumber feeling safe by Emeritus’ side.
I awake to mumbling from Dad and Richie, so I pretend to be asleep to hear what they are saying.
“They're so cute!” Richie almost yells.
“Shhh, they're sleeping don't wake them.” Dad says shushing Richie. “But I agree, they are very adorable. And Allie says they're not dating. I don't believe it.”
I hear the click of a camera going off, then feel Emeritus stir a little in his sleep.
Thinking he awoke, I follow suit and pretend to wake up. Seeing my dad and brother standing right in front of where Emeritus and I were on the couch.
“Dad, Richie, what are you doing?” I say sitting up while still cuddling Emeritus.
“Nothing.” They both say in sync dragging out the “o.”
Emeritus then chuckles a little, straightening his posture but keeping his arm around me, holding out his other for Dad to shake.  “I don't even know you two, and I don't believe that. Speaking of me not knowing you, I'm Papa Emeritus III. Great to meet you.”
“I'm Mitchel, Allie’s dad. It's nice to meet you as well. So are you Allie’s new boyfriend?” My dad says as he shakes hands with Emeritus.
“N-” I try to speak but get cut off my Emeritus. I sigh then look to see if to check if Richie is there, which he is not.
“Yep, I am and I couldn't be any happier than I am with her.”
“Well, you seem like a good kid so I entrust you with my daughter's heart.” Dad says sending a smile our way.
“So what's up with the skeleton face get up and the strange name? Is it a mask and nickname or what?”
Emeritus sits in thought for a little, most likely thinking of what to say in reply.
“Well sir, I can certainly say this isn't a mask.” E says pulling at the monochrome colored skin on his face, “And the name comes from a line of people. I am named after my father who is named after his father. My family was a line of popes, but I wanted to be a musician instead.”
Dad nodded showing he understood.
“I'm going to leave now.” Dad says leaving the room, “You two love birds have fun, just not in “that” way please. I'm not ready to be a granddad yet.”
I give Emeritus a dirty look once my dad was far enough away, “Really, you told him we were dating?”
"Well,” Emeritus begins, “I figured your dad teases you a lot about having a guy friend, and so I thought if I said that it would possibly get him to stop.”
“Oh, but still.” I say, my cheeks turning red.
Emeritus pokes my cheek, “Awe, you're blushing.”
I grab his finger and move his hand away from my face, “No I'm not.”
“Sure you're not.” He then checks the time on his phone, “I'm so sorry Allie, but I have to leave. The others expected me back about thirty minutes ago.”
“It's fine, I get it. Here, let me walk you out.” I say standing up to guide him out of the house.
“I enjoyed spending time with you again, my dear.” He says taking my hand in his interlacing our fingers.
“As did I. I'm sorry I fell asleep on you though.” I say looking down feeling a tad bit embarrassed.
We arrive at his car, and he uses his index finger to lift my head back up.
“Its quite alright, I know you needed your sleep, especially since you said you didn't sleep very well last night. Now, I really must go. I'll text you when I can.” Emeritus then leans down and kisses my cheek.
I smile, give a small wave then walk back into my house.