XII

Weeks pass with me staying at Tobias’ and nothing has really happened. There have been a few arguments here and there but nothing but enough to make it so we're not friends anymore. Other than the fights though, Tobias and I could be any closer.
Sitting in the corner of the couch, I stretch my legs out over the other cushions and take a sip of my coffee. Tobias then comes out of the kitchen with his own coffee. He walks over to where I am on the couch and raises my legs slightly.
I raise my eyebrows in question, “What're you doing that for?”
“To do this.” He then sits where I had my legs then places my legs on his lap. “Are you ready for your flight today?”
I shake my head, “Not at all, but I'm excited to see Dad and Richie again.” I say with a smile.
Today I'm heading back to Denver a two weeks to visit family, and then when I get back to Sweden, Tobias, the band fill-ins he hired, and I are going on the road to tour.
“Do you have all your packing done at least?” He asks placing his mug down on the coffee table.
Nodding I take a sip of my drink, “Yeah, I do. My flight leaves at 4pm right?”
Tobias lays down resting his head on my lap, “Yep, so you have about four hours until you should head out to get to the airport on time.”
I move my hand and run my fingers through his hair He hums in content and I see his eyes close.
“Don't go falling asleep on me Tobi.” I say in a fake warning tone. He looks up at me and smirks, “But what if I want to?”
“Then I'll pour your coffee on you.” I poke his cheek.
“That's not a nice thing to do.” He pouts.
I laugh, “I never said I'm a nice person so…” I trail off getting lost, looking into his green-ish brown eyes.
Tobias coughs, snapping me out of my trance.
I place my hand upon his cheek, “Have I ever told you how beautiful the color of your eyes are?”
I see a faint trace of a smile on Tobias’ face as he begins to speak.
“Actually, no.” He sits up and leans over so his face is directly in front of mine. It looks as if he's examining every feature of my face. “If I had to say anything though, it would be that your eyes are even more beautiful then what you think mine are. They're such a soft blue, they remind me of the ocean, or the sky on a clear day.”
He kisses my cheek then goes back to his regular sitting position, “But not one feature of yours is greater than another, because all of you is beyond perfect.”
I blush and move my hands to cover my cheeks, “Uh...thanks?” I say not being used to receiving compliments.
“Oh my dear,” He says grabbing my hands and moving then away from my face, with my cheeks still red in color, “you shouldn't hide your face.”
I tilt my head to the side, “Why not?”
“Because,” He bites his lower lip, “as I said, you're perfect, and someone as perfect as you shouldn't hide their lovely face.”
“Ahhh!” I say feeling my cheeks heat up once again, then sitting up to bury my face in the crook of Tobias’ neck. “Quit making me blush.” I whine.
“It's not my fault you're easily flustered.” I can tell from his tone of voice he's smiling.
I move my head away from him and gently shove his chest, “Oh, shut it.”
“No.” He says simply.
I see a smile grow on his face, knowing that it can't mean anything good I slowly back away into the corner of the couch.
“Awe, Allie, why are you backing away from me?” Tobi says putting a hand up to his chest feigning being hurt but still keeping the smile on his face.
“You know why.” I say putting my leg up to block him as he crawls closer to me.
He moves my leg out of his way, “No, I don't know, you should tell me, or is it because you knew I would do this?”
He starts tickling me causing me to burst into a fit of laughter.
“Tobi, stop!” I tell between laughs.
“Never!” He says in childish tone.
I think of different things I could do to get him to stop, but one idea sticks out more than another.
“Fine, I guess I just have to do this.” I lean up and kiss his nose.
Tobias immediately stops tickling me and lays down on top of me and moved his head so I can't see his face.
“Now you're the one hiding your face. What was it you told me?” I say placing my hand to my chin in thought. “Ah, that's right, ‘someone as perfect as you shouldn't hide their lovely face.’”
“Goddamnit.” He says holding himself up with his elbows and looks at me with a pout on his face. “Why did you use my words against me, it's mean.”
“It's not mean.” I protest.
“Whatever...” He trails off then sighs, “Damn, it’s going to be boring without you here for two weeks.”
“I know, but at least when I get back from the US we get to spend all tour together.” I smile his way.
“But it just sucks, love, I'll be writing and stuff for the next album so I don't think we would be able to talk much.” He frowns laying his head on my shoulder.
“That really sucks.” I think of a way to get through that situation, “Well, we could always end up talking when you have time, and when you don't then we'll just have to suffer for a bit.”
“Enough of this sad stuff.” Tobias says in a light tone then stands up, “We still have an an hour until you should be at the airport, so let's get snow cones as a parting activity.”
“Snow cones!” I yell grabbing my jacket and running up the stairs to grab my suitcase and put it in the car.
Meeting Tobias at his car I see him walk out of the house laughing and shaking his head.
“What's so funny?” I ask as he gets closer.
“Oh nothing,” He pauses his laughter, “it's just that you act like a kid sometimes, and I find it rather amusing.”
I stick my tongue out at him, and he lets out a little chuckle before taking my bag from me and putting it in the trunk of the car.
Getting in the car, I wait for Tobi to get in and start the car. He starts pulling out of the driveway and I turn on the radio.
“Hmmm, let's see what's on the radio.” I mumble to myself.
I flip through the channels until I notice a CD labeled ‘Instrumental Tracks.’ I pick it up and examine it further.
“Hey Tobi? What's this?” I ask.
When we arrive at stop sign he glances over. “Oh, that's instrumentals of Ghost songs that I use randomly whenever I feel like singing to those songs.”
I nod, “I want to hear you sing, can I pick a track and have you sing along with it?”
“I guess.” He responds. “I wonder what song she's gonna choose.” I hear him mumble to himself.
“Oooh, Zombie Queen! Will you do that one?” I question putting the CD into the player.
Out of the corner of my eye I see him nod. I play the track for “Ghuleh” and lean back into my seat. The first verse begins and Tobias sings along. I smile in content at the soothing sounds of his voice.
He reaches over and takes my hand in his.
“Black light guides you, ghuleh.” I begin singing along.
Tobias keeps singing and driving along until the song ends. When it does, there's is still a bit further to go until we get to a parking spot close to the snow cone place.
He pulls into a spot then turns off the car, but his hand still doesn't leave mine and he tightens his grip a little. He seems nervous. Nothing is said between us as I'm pondering why he is nervous, and Tobi seems to be thinking of something.
He shakes his head then lets go of my hand and opens the door to his side of the car.
I open my door and step out the car. “Wait for me!” I say to Tobias in a childish yelling voice, running after him. Reaching where Tobi is I lift his arm up and put it around my shoulders as we walk. We get to the snow cone cart and I smile with glee.
“Tell me what flavor you want, I'll order it for you.” Tobi says moving his arm off my shoulders and grabbing his wallet.
I eye all the flavors and find the one that attracts my intrest the most, “Can I get a bluerasberry please?”
“Of course.” He kisses the top of my head and walks up to get our snow cones.