XVI

"Hypnotizing horns of ram, paralyzing pentagram, and the eerie sound of the monstrance clock, singing; come together, together as one. Come together for Lucifer's son."
Ghost's Monstrance Clock, plays on a phonograph as people gather for a ritual. What for? I'm not sure.
As the last chorus continues to ring out everyone in the pews stand at full attention and sing their hearts out. When the song ends who I recognise to be the very first Papa Emeritus walks out and stands at the podium then motions for everyone to sit down.
His mismatched white and hazel eyes scan the room then land upon me.
My heart stops as he motions with his finger for me to move closer to him, but I still do as instructed. Stopping when I reach his side, he turns and faces me.
"What's your name child?" he ask, his voice gravelly with age.
I clear my throat so my answer is clear, "My name is Allie."
He nods, "And are you new here, miss Allie?"
"Yes, Papa Emeritus." I say, my voice cracking a little as I reply. "But honestly, I don't even know how I got here in the first place, if you know, can you tell me?"
He gives a small chuckle, "The answer is quite simple dear."
I raise my eyebrow wondering what that could mean.
"You're dead."

I awake in a cold sweat. What did that mean? "You're dead." I shiver thinking about the different things that it could have meant.
Shrugging it off, I carefully swing my feet over the edge of the bed being careful to not injure my ribs further. Standing up I walk over to my closet then grab a baggy grey sweater along with my half black half red skinny jeans and get ready for the day.
A week has passed since the accident, so I've been doing better, but I still get strong pains throughout the day. Sighing my eyes scan over my injuries. My face isn't bruised anymore, but is still sensitive to touch, and my ribs, an ugly mix of yellow, green, and brown. Shaking my head, I focus on getting ready instead of grieving over my injuries.
Just as I finish changing, my door bursts open revealing an overly hyper Richie.
"Next time knock?" I suggest, irritated at the fact he knows he should knock but he doesn't.
"Sorry." He apologizes, to which I just nod to acknowledge before he continues, "Dad was wondering if you wanted to go grab food somewhere?"
"Yeah, sure, tell him I'll be out in a few." I reply.
Richie then leaves the room and I breath a sigh of relief. He's my brother and I love him, but damn, he's a handful sometimes.Picking up my purse and phone I step out of my room, "Where did you want to go to eat?" I yell down the hall as I walk to the living room where I assume dad and Richie are. "I'm fine with anything but Buffalo Wild Wings." I add.
"Oh come on Allie," Dad teases, "I'm pretty sure that the waiter would love to see you again. Anyways, I was thinking maybe The Outback or something."
I nod, "Steak sounds good, so I wouldn't mind if we went there."
"The Outback it is." Dad states.
"Does this mean I can get chicken?" Richie asks as we all walk the short distance from the house to the car.
I nasally laugh, "I don't know why you would get chicken at a 'steakhouse' but yes, this means you can get chicken."
"Yay!" Richie throws his fist in the air.
"You're so weird." I mumble referring to Richie.
"I heard that, he nice to your brother." Dad lectures.
"No you didn't, and I never said anything mean." I say defending myself.
Richie then turns to look at Dad and I before we enter the car with confusion written all over his face, "What are you guys talking about?"
"Nothing." Dad speaks quickly, "Now get on the car and let us get food."
We pile in the car and Dad grants me control of what we listen to. With my mind occupied with thoughts of Tobias, I unconsciously begin to play Jigolo Har Megiddo from Ghost.
I get broken out of my thoughts with Dad laughing, "Lascivious?' Really?"
"Dad, I've just learned to not question ghost lyrics, I think you should too." I advise.
"So are all their songs like that?" He asks pulling to a stop at a red light.
I twist my mouth to the side in thought recalling the majority of their songs and the content in them, "Pretty much."
"Wow." Dad shakes his head, and we continue the ride in silence listening still listening to Jigolo Har Megiddo. At least it stays quiet until the end of the song.
"With magic potion niveous." I sing along causing Dad to once again break out in laughter.
"Why is everything about sex in their songs?" Dad gets out between laughs.
"Well, it's not all about sex." I say putting emphasis on the word all. "Their songs also talk about Satan and Lucifer."
"Ah, the unholy trio." he jokes.
"Yep." I say as we pull up to the restaurant. "God, I really hope no one flirts with me again. If they do and I mention it to Tobi I think he'll lose his shit."
"That would be funny to see." Richie joins in laughing.
I ruffle Richie's hair, "It would, but only depending on how frustrated he gets."
A very familiar make walks over to the waiter podium and ask our seating preference. My mind clogged with who this person could possibly be, I mindlessly follow as we're seated.
The man takes down what we want on his notepad, and starts to turn around to walk back to the kitchen area but stops examining me.
"Oh my god." He says sounding surprised, "Allie, is that you?"
As soon as he says my name it clicks. The waiter is Sophia's father, Harold.
"In the flesh." I stand and give him a small side hug. "I'm really sorry I didn't make it to the funeral earlier this month. I actually moved to Sweden with a friend and could make the trip back until recently."
"It's fine Allie, I understand why. At least I know that Sophia was in your thoughts." Harold says. "Enough of this sad talk, I'll be back with your guy's orders. Nice talking to you Allie."
"Same to you." I smile then sit back down.
"I knew he looked familiar." Dad says leaning back in his chair.
I nod, and impatiently wait for the food to be brought out. My stomach grows and Richie pokes it.
"Is there a monster in there?" He asks.
"No." I say sounding confused, "Why would there be a monster in there?"
"Because your tummy made a weird rumbling sound, so I thought maybe you are a monster."
"I wish I had an imagination as big as yours." I confess, then smile as the platter with our meals comes our way.
"Yay food!" Richie and I squeal in unison making bother the server and Dad laugh their asses off.
"So," Dad begins while cutting up his steak, "Today's your last day?"
"Yeah, sadly." I give a slight frown, "But I'll be back again sometime in the future."
Richie hits his palm against the table, "You're leaving again?!" He yells, sounding shocked from what he just heard.
"Wait, Dad never told you?" I ask sending a glare towards Dad.
"Nope, he didn't." Richie pouts. "Why do you have to leave this time?"
Smiling, I reply, "Because I get to go on tour with a band."
"Cool!" He cheers.
"Both of you stop talking and eat your food before it gets cold." Dad scold.
"Fine." I groan and dig in.
As I begin eating I remember the last time I ate steak which was with Tobi. Remembering this, I also remember the comment he made. Almost choking on my food, I quickly avert my thoughts away from that.
Finishing up my meal I lean back in my seat and poke Richie's cheek as he stuffs his mouth.
"Hmmph mmm." He muffles glaring at me, causing me to laugh.
He finishes his last bite and still sends his glare my way, "You're mean sissy."
"I know I am." I say proudly holding my chin up high.
"That's not something to be proud off." Dad interjects handing the waiter money to pay the check.
I sigh and follow Dad's lead as he exits the restaurant, "Why did you have to ruin my one moment of glory?" I whine.
"Because it's my job to crush children's dreams."
"Wow Dad, that's just sad." I laugh then pause, "I'm not a child though."
"You're my daughter, so to me you're a child." He comments.
"You damn smart ass." I claim entering the car.
The ride home seems to fly, because in what feels like minutes we are already home and I'm making my way to my bedroom to begin packing for my flight early in the morning tomorrow. I'm halfway done packing when dad comes into my room.
"Need any help?" he asks sitting on my bed.
"Actually, yeah." I reply handing him a pile of clothes. "Can you put these in my suitcase?"
Dad nods and begins folding my clothes and packing them, "What time do you leave tomorrow?"
"About 2:30am, why?" I answer.
"Would you like me to take you to the airport?"
"Sure, that would be nice. But are you really up for it?" I question, just to make sure.
He smiles, "Of course I am. I'd do pretty much anything for you because you're my daughter. Maybe not by blood, but still."
"Oh Dad," I coo, walking over and hugging him. "You're the best."
"Thanks." He rubs his eye then continues packing.
After about an hour of sorting through clothes and placing the ones I find the more appealing in my bag, I'm done packing until I remember my teddy bear.
"Wait!" I yell running across my room to grab it.
Reaching my teddy bear, I quickly pick it up and place it in the suitcase along with my clothes.
"You're such a child." Dad jested.
"I know, but it makes me unique so." I trail off, moving my luggage next to the door.
Dad hums in response, "You're right." He ruffles my hair and leaves the room. "I'll be in the living room if you need me."
"Ok dad." I say as I lay down on my bed and get on my phone.
Scrolling through Instagram I see that Rob Zombie has posted something from six hours ago. It's a picture of him with Tobias and someone else.I can't help but laugh at the face Tobias is making. He has an overly exaggerated grumpy face on and is glaring towards the camera.
Seeing Tobias in the picture makes me excited to see him tomorrow, so I give him a call.
"Heyo." Tobi cheers.
I smile, "Hello! So I have to admit, you were right when you said that time would go by fast. I can't believe that tomorrow I get to see your lovely face again in something other than a picture with Rob Zombie."
"About that..." he trails off and laughs.
"You don't have to explain yourself," a pout works its way on my face, "I just wish you would have texted me or something saying that you met him."
"I would have, but things have been hectic with planning for tour and everything." He admits, "Sorry."
"It's fine. I'm just giving you shit." I tell him.
Tobias laughs, "Well, love you too." He says being sarcastic.
"No! Don't be sarcastic with me!" I complain. "I'm supposed to be the sarcastic one, not you."
"No, I'm the sarcastic one from now on." Tobias protests.
"And who made that official?" I question.
"I did?" Tobi says sounding unsure.
I roll my eyes, "And you're always right, huh?"
"You got that right." He responds.
I can't hold in my laughter anymore and become a laughing mess, rolling around in my bed.
"Why are you laughing?"
"Because, I just find it amusing how you think you can take me off my throne claiming me the sarcasm queen." I say between laughs.
"Sarcasm queen?" he paused for a second, "More like zombie queen."
"I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or not." I say pondering over different ways that I can take what he said.
"Take it however you would like, but I meant it as a compliment." Tobi defends.
I hum, "Then I'll take it the way you meant for it to be." I conclude.
"So, since we're not arguing about sarcasm anymore. How have your ribs been?" He asks in a soft tone.
"They still hurt, but are a lot better than what they were when they first broke." I confess.
"That's good." I hear Tobias mumble something on the other side of the call. "Hey Allie, I have to deal with things really quick, and I don't think I'll be done until sometime after you fall asleep. So I'll see you at the port when you get to Sweden."
I frown, "Alright, bye, see you later."
I hear a click, and the phone call is ended.