XI

Tobias sets me on the couch next to him, then gets up and leaves the room.
“What could be possibly have planned?” I mutter to myself.
A few minutes pass and he comes back with the box for the board game Monopoly on his hands. He smirks then sits it on the coffee table.
I look from the game to him and raise my eyebrow, “Are you trying to make it so we aren't friends anymore?”
“That's not my intention, so no. But I came up with an idea.” He stated.
“And that is?” I ask leaning forward helping set up the game.
“If you win, I have to do something for you and if I win, you have to do something for me.” He proposed.
“So,” I begin to clarify, “if I win, you'll do whatever I tell you to?”
“Yep.” He States.
We then finish setting up the game and being playing.
After three agonizing hours I run out of money.
“Goddamnit!” I curse.
“Yes!” Tobias cheers jumping up and down.
“What are you going to make me do since I lost?” I grumble.
“I actually don't know yet, let me think on it.” He answered.
I nod and clean up the game.
“Even though I lost that was still fun.” I say handing Tobias the game.
“It was, we should play again sometime.” He agrees, then leaves to put the game away.
I look around the room and see an electric bass standing in the corner. I hesitantly walk over to where the bass is then pick it up. Grabbing a guitar pick I play the part for Rammstein's Ich Tu Dir Weh.
I get lost in the music and don't notice Tobi come back into the room.
I continue playing and start the riff for From The Pinnacle To The Pit. Messing up I decide to stop.
Hearing clapping coming from the couch I look up and see Tobias looking at me. I become flustered.
“I um...I just saw the bass and I wanted to play. Sorry...sorry for messing with it without your permission.” I stutter.
“Don't worry love, I'm not mad. You actually played amazing.” He exclaimed. “How long have you been playing bass for?”
I smile at the compliment, “I've been playing off an on since I was twelve. I've wanted to make a career out of it, but it's just stayed a hoby.”
Tobi sits in thought for a little bit with his hand rested on his chin.
A smile then appears on his face, “I think I now know what I want you to do...How would you feel about playing the bass for the upcoming tour?”
I feel myself tense up, “Ah, it would be cool, but I don't know. I have major stage fright.”
“You would be behind a mask, no one would know it's you.” He tries convincing me even more.
I ponder over the idea, “I'll do it. But what about you needing a merch person though...and the other bass player?”
“Well, I could always hire a new merch person. As for the other bass player, along with the other band mates, well, they quit.” Tobias says fixing his jacket. “The most recent tour we did was their last.”
Crossing my legs I lean back into the chair I'm sitting in. “If you don't mind me asking, why did they quit?”
Tobias sighs, “Financial issues.”
I hum in response and look at the time.
“Ugh.” I groan, “It's only 6pm. It feels like it should be later.”
Tobi walks over and stands in front of me. “I agree. To pass the time how about you help me make dinner?”
He extends his hand for me to take, which I gladly do so and follow his lead to the kitchen.
“So,” I say searching through the freezer for something to cook, “is there something specific that you're thinking of for food?”
“Steak?” Tobi says holding up two 6oz steaks.
“Hell yeah!” I yell running over and turning on the oven.
“Just set the steaks here to thaw.” I say pointing to the counter. “I'll put them in when the oven preheats.”
He sets the steaks down then walks to the door of the kitchen.
“I'll be in the living room if you need me.”
I go and sit on one of the barstools at the island bar. Being alone I take out my phone and call my dad.
He picks up after a few rings, “Ah, hey Allie.” He yawns, “Why did you call so early in the morning.”
“Shit, sorry. I forgot about time zones. I just wanted to tell you that I got to Sweden safely and that I have a place to stay. Emeritus...well, Tobi, offered me to stay at his home.” I say with a smile even though Dad can't see it.
“So he did have another name besides Emeritus.” Dad laughs, “That kid sure is a jokester. I'm glad that you're safe though. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go back to sleep. Call or text me later though if you can.”
“I will.” I promise him.
“Bye hun.”
I hear a click signalling the call has ended. Pacing my phone down on the counter I go and place the steaks on a cooking sheet then put them in the oven.
Not wanting to be alone, knowing that my thoughts will consume me I walk out to the living room to be with Tobias.
The short walk to the living room seems to drag on forever. Mental pictures of what Sophia’s dead body  might have looked like haunting me. Would have I been able to save her if I persisted with us talking?
Shaking my head I sit on the couch next to Tobi resting my head on his shoulder and sigh.
He wraps his arm around me, “What's wrong, dear?” He asks, obvious concerned.
“Nothing.” I say in a flat tone.
“You know you can tell me if something is wrong, right?” He says gently rubbing my arm.
“I know. I just. I don't know, I was dumb and started letting my mind go to whatever it wanted and I really regret doing that know.” I move my head so he can't make eye contact with me.
He used his index finger and thumb to tilt my head back up to look me in the eye.
“Was it Sophia that you thought of?” He says, his eyes show a look of sympathy.
I nod, feeling my eyes well up with tears. Scooting closer to Tobi for a literal shoulder to cry on, I allow the tears to fall.
“I just...I just really miss her.” I whimpered.
“Just let it all out. Trust me, you'll feel a lot better when you do. I too recently lost a friend of mine, but being with you has distracted me from the loss.” He revealed.  
I dry my tears, “I had no idea that had happened. Sorry for making everything about me.”
“Oh I don't mind things being about you,” He says. “I actually like hearing you talk about your issues. Also, if you haven't noticed, I'm very secretive for the most part.”
“Yeah, I've noticed that.” I get out of Tobi’s trip and stand up. “I'm gonna go check on food now. How do you like your steak?”
“Ok,” he turns his attention back to the tv, “and I like it medium well.”
“Got it.” I respond then walk back to the kitchen.
I cut open the steaks and a slight bit of pink so I pull one of them out and put it on a plate, then leave the other one to cook for a little longer until it's well done.
I shoot a text to Tobi.
Allie: your food is done. I would go I to the living room to tell you but I'm too lazy.
A few minutes pass and Tobias walks through the door.
“You're strange you know that?” He asks ruffling my hair.
I watch as he grabs silverware and sits down, “I know, but like I said I didn't want to walk to the living room so.” I trail off.
He laughs, then starts to eat.
I impatiently tap my fingers against the countertop as I wait for my food to finish. I check it after standing there for a few more minutes, and it's finally done.
“Yay! Food!” I yell taking my steak off the cooking sheet and grabbing myself a fork and knife.
Digging into my food I let out a small moan of enjoyment from the mouthwatering taste.
“You know what else could make you moan like that?” Tobias asks wiggling his eyebrows.
I feel my eyes grow wide and my cheeks heat up, “I don't think I want to know.”
We sit in an awkward silence for a bit before I break it.
“You're such a perv, you know that?” I ask Tobi.
He smiles in response, “I know, I'm normally not this much of one, but your reactions are priceless.”
We both finish our food and Tobias takes out plate setting them on the sink.
I yawn, “I think I'm going to succumb to a food coma now. So goodnight Tobi.”
He gives me one last hug before I go to bed which I gladly return.
“Night, sleep tight.” He replies.
I walk up the stairs and into my room. I quickly head for my suitcase pulling out my Emeritus teddy bear then curl up with it under the covers.
I have a nightmarish sleep, dreams of what doesn't even run through my head on a regular day.
Torture, homicide, suicide, everything that would surely drive a person insane.
I snap awake in a cold sweat, feeling tears brim my eyes I look at the time, 2am, the white letters on my phone read.
I sigh then turn so I'm laying on my side trying to go back to sleep. I lay there for ten minutes before giving up with trying to sleep.
Getting out of bed I exit my room then walk across the hall to Tobias’ room.
I take a deep breath then knock on the door.
“Hey Tobi?” I ask while knocking hoping to get a response.
I hear shuffling on the other side of the door, then the door opens revealing a shirtless Tobias Forge.
I blush and take in the view.
I look up and make eye contact with him, “Ah, I see you finally found where my eyes are. Did you enjoy the view?” He sleepily teased.
I let a quiet laugh out. “Actually, I did.” I say just to mess with him. I see his cheeks flush a light shade of pink but decide to say nothing about it.
“So why are you at my room at two in the morning?” he questions leaning against the door frame.
“Nightmares.” I state flatly.
“Oh love.” Tobi sighs pulling me into his room and onto his bed next to him. “Sorry about the night terrors. I wish I could help.” He strokes my hair in a comforting manor as I cuddle into him and he wraps his arm around my waist.
I feel him stop playing with my hair and look up to see his mouth slightly agape as he sleeps.
Snuggling closer to him I to feel myself drifting off into a peaceful slumber.
No night terrors or anything, just the comfortable dark.