XIII

I go and find a bench near the snow cone cart. Finding one that isn't to far I sit on it and wait for Tobias to come with the flavored ice.
I spot Tobias walking over, my face lights up and a smile spreads across my face. He finally reaches where I am then stands tauntingly before me holding my snow cone where I can't reach it.
“You're an ass.” I say reaching for the snow cone.
“Now, that's not a nice way to thank someone who got you something.” He smirks. His comment makes me roll my eyes at him.
“Gimme my snow cone!” I whine reaching for my snow cone once again, this time grabbing it. I stick my tongue out at Tobi, then take a bite of my snow cone.
“I swear, you're a child.” Tobias laughs sitting next to me. “I'm going to miss the easy entertainment from that when you leave.”
I run my hand through my hair, “It's not like I'll be gone forever though.”
We sit in a comfortable silence enjoying each other's company and the peacefulness of outside for a while until a kid walks over to us. If I was standing he would probably be to my shoulder as he was tall for his age. The kid also has curly, dirty blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes.
“Um, excuse me sir?” the kid asks Tobias, which he in turn raises his eyebrows.
“Yes child?” Tobi replies leaning forward making himself a bit shorter and ching he's listening to the kid.
The kid turns flustered, “I, uh...I want to say you guys look cute together.”
Tobias and I look at each other exchanging smiles.
I take my chance to talk to the kid, “Thank you. If you don't mind me asking, where is your Ma or Pa?”
I see the kids eyes widen a little. He then points to an older couple that are probably in their late thirties close to forty. Just as he points the couple starts walking over as they see their child talking to us.
“Sebby, leave the people alone, you must be bothering them.” The mother says in a fed-up tone.
“You don't have to worry about that.” Tobias says, “He's not bothering us at all. He was actually rather nice to talk to even though our chat was small.”
The woman just scoffs and takes her his my the wrist dragging him away, Sebby follows his mother, reluctantly, and then sends us a wave. We wave back and I turn to Tobi.
“That poor kid, his mom is quite rude. I feel bad for him.” I say looking at my now partially melted snow cone
“I do to. I don't understand how some parents could be like that.” He agrees.
Tobias pulls out his phone. His eyes scan the screen and a frown grows on his face.
“What's wrong?” I ask laying my head on his shoulder, trying to be comforting.
“I have to bring you to the airport in thirty minutes.” He lays his head atop of mine.
I let out a big breath, “Right...promise me you'll try keeping in touch while I'm gone?” I cling to Tobias.
“I promise, it might not be often because of album writing, but I'll try.” He assures me.
I lift my head away from his shoulder and sit upright. Tobias then turns his body towards me, gently grabbing my chin in his hand. Tilting my head down slightly, he leans forward and kisses my forehead. A smile works it's way on my face and I feel myself blush.
“You've made me blush three times in one day, damn.” I playfully hit Tobias’ shoulder.
Tobi just laughs then stands up from his seat, taking my snow cone wrapper in the process and throwing it away along with his. He comes back to where I'm sitting and takes both my hands on his and pulls an up so I'm standing along with him.
As Tobias leads me along back to the car, I hear him softly hum a melody that I've never heard before.
“What are you humming, is it a new song?” I wonder.
“Nope, it's just from a song I know.” He denies.
“Oh.” I reply.
We get back to the car and as I put on my seat belt I feel my hands start to shake.
“Fuck.” I say holding my hands in my lap so I don't feel them shaking anymore.
“Plane jitters again?” Tobias asks placing his hand on top of mine, so he could tell if they were shaking or not. “I was right.” He answers for himself. Sighing, he starts driving
I take big breaths as I stare out the window admiring interesting  the scenery of the bus. In less than an hour I'll be boarding a plane back home, and ten hours after that I'll be home.
“Just look at it this way,” He breaks the silence, “once you get home you'll be able to tell your brother and pa about your experience here.”
I let out a nasally laugh, “Ah yes, I can tell them how I got hit on by someone and you almost got into a fight with them. Or maybe even how we got kicked out of the general store for acting like kids.”
Tobias chuckles, “Hey, your dad might find the last one funny.”
“Whatever you say Tobi.” I reply, grinning remembering how pissed the manager was.

*the next chapter will tell of their shenanigans at the store and why they got kicked out*

I lay my head against the window. Feeling the cold glass I shiver and pull my head away from the window. ‘I'm smart. Not’ I think to myself as Tobi pulls up in front of the airport.
I step out of the car and head to the trunk to grab my luggage, but Tobias beats me there.
“At least let me help you with this before you go.” He says grabbing my bag and setting it down by the curb.
I pull him into a tight hug and sigh, “I don't know if I've said this enough but I'm going to miss you.”
I feel him hug back and his hand move up and down my back, “I'm going to miss you too.”
We break away from the hug and Tobias kisses the top of my head.
“Have fun.” He says getting into his car.
I give a small wave goodbye, and let out a sigh as I walk into the airport.