There's no sunshine, this impossible year

I can't lose you...I love you..

I wake up in a white-walled room. I hear faint beeping to my right. I try to sit up, but my body aches too much. Tears well in my eyes as I remember yesterday's encounter.

"B-Brendon..." I manage to squeak out.

I shift my eyes over as he's asleep in a chair, his hair a mess and his eyes puffy and red. His eyes flutter open, and he immediately sees me. He stands up quickly and walks over to me. He starts crying again and takes my hand in his. A tear slips down my cheek, as he kisses my palm. He looks at me, a small smile on his face.

"How are you feeling?"

I smile weakly.

"It still hurts, but a little better."

He goes to my cheek and kisses it, along with my forehead and tip of my nose. A doctor walks in as Brendon is about to ask me something.

"Oh, Y/N, you're awake," the doctor announces.

Brendon walks over to him, and makes his voice quiet, but still is full of concern.

"Will she be ok?" He asks immediately.

"Yes she will be," the doctor responds.

Brendon sighs a sigh of relief, and then the doctor continues.

"She's got a concussion, and a severely bruised collar bone, nothing we can't deal with," He smiles gently, like a reassurance.

Brendon turns to face me, and he smiles too. A genuine, relieved, happy smile. His teeth are perfect, just like the rest of him. I love him.

*le time skip to two days later*

Brendon holds my hand and has his other hand on my back, leading me to his car. My head doesn't hurt that bad, my collarbone is killing me though. The doctor said it takes up to about a week to heal, then if it is still sore or feels weird afterwards, I might need to start physical therapy. We get to the car, and he takes his hand away from mine to open the passenger door. I slide in carefully. He closes the door when I'm seated and runs to his door and opens it, and gets in.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like shit."

He laughs slightly and slips his hand back into mine after we buckle in. He pulls out of the parking spot, and we drive home.

________________________________

Heya guys!

Sorry for the short chapter!
I wanted to upload something since I've been pretty busy lately, I'll try uploading more this week! Until later...❤️💛💚💙💜💖