Chap. #28😢

Justin's pov:

My eyes opened and adjusted to the light shining though my window. I turn around and see my amazing boyfriend laying there, facing me. He was still sleeping. I scoot forward and kiss him. He doesn't kiss back yet. I continue until I feel now, him kissing back. I pull away and smile. He smiles back at me.

"What do you want to do today?" I ask.

"I don't care. At some point though, can we go see my mom?" He asks me.

"Of course we can baby. First let's go get breakfast." He nods.

We both get up and change. I check my phone and see it's 11. Oh I woke up late. We go downstairs and see my dad at the kitchen table. He made pancakes.

"Goodmorning boys. I made pancakes." He said.

"Thank you." Rae and I say at the same time.

"Jinx!" I yell.

We all laugh and sit down to eat. As we eat my dad looks at me.

"Are you two going to see Melissa today?"

"Yea." I tell him.

"Mind if I come." He asks.

"Of course not David. You probably want to see her as much as us." Rae says.

"Yea I do. So what time?"

"After we finish eating?" I suggest.

"Ok."

We finish eating and put out plates in the sink. We all got in the car and drove to the hospital. We arrived and went inside. We aksed for her soon at the front desk. She let us go. We walked down the hall and went to her door. We all looked at each other. Raegan opened the door and we all went in. She was awake. She looked at all of us and gave us a little smile. We walked up to her.

"Hi mom. How are you?" Rae asked holding her hand. This broke my heart. I could only imagine how I would feel if my mom or dad or anyone I love was in a hospital.

"Okay. I feel weak." She said quietly. She didn't look good. Lung cancer does this to you?

Oh shit I forgot. They don't know she has lung cancer. Omg.

"You'll get through this, whatever this is, I promise." Raegan told her. He leaned down and kissed her head.

My dad took Raegan's place now.

"Hi Melissa. I missed you." He said.

"I missed you too." She said to him.

As they were talking and I looked at Rae. He was looking at her with such worry in his eyes. He was rocking back and forth, biting his nails. His eyes for glossy and tears fell from his eyes. I went closer to him.

"Don't cry baby she will get better." I assure him.

"Will she?" He asked. I didn't answer. I can't promise anything. Lung cancer is very bad for you. Anything can happen.

He hugs me and I rub his back. I'm glad he's trying to be strong. He is strong, He can get though this. So can Melissa.

We pull away and we hear them say "I love you" to each other. That made me happy but also sad. My dad and Raegan's mom. I mentally sigh as I look at them.

"C-can I talk to Melissa...in private?" I ask.

Raegan and my dad look at each other. "Of course." They said. I kissed Rae before he they got out of the room and closed the door. I turned to her.