Chapter 3

HARRY'S POV

It's been an hour and a half. Why hasn't she come out yet?

I've been pacing up and down this hallway for the last thirty minutes, desperately trying to listen for any sounds, any indication for how she might be feeling.

I know the album is extremely personal but I don't think it's literal enough for the listener to understand every detail of our lives. Would she think it's too much, too invasive?

Fuck, I just want her to love it. This whole record is for her. I poured my heart, my soul, into this to show her how deeply I feel for her and if she reacts negatively I think my fragile heart would simply shatter.

I wrote all of the songs, except one, in California, after detoxing and realising what I had been doing to her for all those horrible, dark, months. I knew I loved her but for the first time I saw her devotion to me so clearly. I saw how she stuck by me, cared for me, fought for me, fiercely protected me, loved me no matter what. She didn't tell me but she didn't have to.

Fuck it, I can't stand this anymore, I have to go in.

I open the door and look around the empty room, my heart smashing into my rib cage as panic sets in. She left? She's left me.

I hear a sniffle and my stomach tumbles, jumpstarting my feet to run to the other side of the bed.

Liv is sitting there, head phones still on her head, her arms pulling her knees into her body. Tears stream down her face, her eyes are blood shot and her cheeks are flushed.

Her eyes meet mine and I'm frozen in fear. What the fuck have I done? I just got her, finally, finally, she was in my arms and this stupid fucking record was tearing her away from me. I can't lose her, I need her, I can't lose her.

She presses pause on the iPod and pulls the headphones off, her eyes never leaving mine and I feel like I'm going to be sick. I can't read the expression on her face but her silence tells me everything.

Tears are building in my eyes as I drop to my knees next to her, my body begging her to forgive me while my words fail me. My heart feels like it's being ripped out of my chest and I gasp for air as her silence knocks the wind out of me.

She puts the iPod and headphones down and kneels to match my position, she looks exhausted and emotionally drained.

Please don't leave me! I want to shout but my body is paralysed with fear.

She moves closer and I watch a tear roll down her forlorn face before she wraps her arms around my neck.

She's saying goodbye.

This is it, I have successfully, single handedly, pushed away the one person I love more than anything in this world.

My mouth won't move but my hands do, grabbing her and pulling her into my body with the desperation of a dying man, clinging to my life she holds in her hands, on her skin, on her lips.

She pulls away to speak and I hear a strangled noise escape my lips. I'm not sure how I'm going to survive watching her leave.

"Harry, it's so beautiful."

What?

"Thank you." She croaks through her tears.

I let out the strangest noise, part laugh, part cry, part wail. I can't believe what I'm hearing and my body literally doesn't know how to react.

"I-I thought you were leaving me," I choke.

Her brow creases and her hands find my face before her lips crash into mine.

I almost pass out as the relief hits me like a tidal wave.

I gasp in between franticly kissing her back. My mouth is desperately trying to devour her like she the air I need to breathe, and at this point, I'm pretty sure she is as vital to my life as air to my lungs.

"Please don't ever leave me," I whimper into her lips, aware of how pathetic that sounds but I don't care. My mind had completely believed she was walking out that door and it was the most heart wrenching feeling I have ever felt.

"Never," Liv vows.

"Promise me," I push further, my mouth back on hers, my mind still reeling and my hands shaking on her cheeks.

"I promise I will never leave you, Harry." I hear her say the words with so much confidence I am able to pick up a shattered piece of my heart off the floor and lodge it back into place.

I slump back on to my heels and try to compose my distraught mind and body.

Liv gives me a second to catch my breath before she closes the distance between our bodies. I sit back as she climbs onto my lap and we comfort each other from the flood of emotions that have just nearly drowned us both in the last hour and a half.

She kisses my face as I try and memorise the feeling of her lips on my skin that I had just made myself believe I would never feel again.

"Shit, heartbreak hurts," I share my thoughts out loud now that I have settled my racing heart.

She pulls back to look into my eyes.

"Baby, that's not heartbreak. That's love... And sometimes it hurts like hell."

A/N:  quick chapter today guys! sorry I have been a little slow but I have been travelling with my sister and not at my computer as much!  Hope you are still loving the book.

PLEASE VOTE!

Love, Ruby xx