Chapter 24

OLIVIA'S POV 

The heels of my boots on the concrete echo twice as fast as usual in the quiet night air as I run as fast as I can up Harry's driveway.

The sounds of my rushed footsteps clap to the sound of my thoughts. I know. I know. I know.

I don't take any time to fix my hair or steady my breath before I ring the door bell and slam my fist repeatedly against the door. There's no time, I need to see him, to tell him I believe him, to tell him how much I love him, how I never stopped loving him.

My brow creases when there is no answer and I try again, knocking urgently, hoping he is just asleep or in the shower.

After five minutes my knuckles are red and sore and I rest my back against the wood, exhausted and defeated as I sink down onto the ground.

Where is he? Did he decide to call another girl to numb the pain or go to a bar?

I squeeze my eyes shut at my stupidity for not having a working phone, it's too late to try and find my way back to Bec's apartment and I have no way of calling a cab.

I wrap the front of my hideous, old coat closer to my body and lay my head down as I worry about where he is or who he's with.

"Olivia?" I hear as my eyes flicker open and I register where I am. I must have fallen asleep on Harry's door step and although the sky is still pitch black, Harry is now crouched down in front of me.

He's still in the same clothes from the party and is looking at me with concern as I sit up shivering uncontrollably from both the cold and from his presence.

He stands swiftly and pulls me to my feet, the warmth of his hand on my arm sending the heat of a thousand fires through my veins. He unlocks the door quickly and pulls us inside, his hands running up and down my arms in an attempt to warm me up.

"What are you doing sleeping out there in the cold?" He asks, as broken as his voice is I can still hear it dripping in love and concern.

"I-I was waiting for you," I fumble, still trying to determine if this is a dream and I watch as his brow furrows and he runs a hand through his hair.

"I was at Tyler's, we-" He says matter of factly but I can't keep it in any longer.

"Harry, I love you! I'm sorry I didn't I believe you." I rush and hear him take a sharp breath in. "I know you, Harry! I know you wouldn't do this. You would never do this. I shouldn't have second guessed my judgment. Please don't give up on me! I'm so fucking sorry, I trust y-" His lips crash into mine before I can get the words out.

My hands find his face as his grip my arms and he pushes back to look into my eyes.

"Liv?" he exhales my name in a question like he is finally seeing me for the first time in months and the relief in his voice opens the flood gates my body has been barging up for so long.

Imprisoned tears break free and pour from my eyes and realisation hits us both that this is real, they may have torn us apart, but we are stronger.

Our hands reach for each others faces, as I sob uncontrollably and he stays the strong, controlled, composed one, our roles seemingly transitioned and reversed as we frantically try to kiss away the pain that someone else had so evilly caused.

"What made you change your mind?" He pulls away and asks between short breaths, his voice cracking with emotion.

"I know and you know." I sniffle and shrug before his hands scoop under my behind and I jump into his arms, my legs wrap around his waist and my body feels alive again, pressed into his after laying dormant for so long. It's like I've been asleep, watching the world go by in a hazy dream but now I'm wide awake.