Chapter 10

The music of the Partridge Family blasted all around her and Stella slowly opened her right eye. She was in pain and her left eye was sealed shut. Her mouth was gagged and as she struggled to move her arms and legs, she realized they were tied to the posts of the bed she was laying on. "What the hell is going on?"

Each breath she took brought more pain in her chest and she wheezed a bit as she adjusted her position. She remembered going on her date and standing by her car. The realization of what her date had done was overwhelming. She felt herself screaming but her body refused to make any noises. She could feel the tears leaving her right eye. Her shoulders shook with each silent sob her body made. She couldn't move and she didn't know where she was.

Suddenly a door opened and a stream of light filled the room. A tall dark figure stood in the middle of the light. "So you finally decided to wake up? Those sleeping pills worked a little too well. I was afraid I almost killed you and that wouldn't be any fun for me now would it?"

She could see him getting closer and he was carrying a circle of white flowers.

"I was a little busy making you a present. Do you like it?" He held up the crown of flowers and gently placed them on a nightstand next to the bed.

She couldn't see much but she tried moving her arms and legs to attempt an escape. She knew it was useless but she had to try. He laughed. It was the most evil sound she had ever heard.

"You dumb bitch. Do you actually think you can escape? I didn't tie up the last one and she got loose." Stella felt his weight as he sat on the bed. She shut her eyes and felt the tip of a knife against her temple. "Although, the idea of chasing my kill is tempting, I don't have time tonight. I have plans for you Stella. Why are you crying? I told you we were gonna have some deadly wicked fun tonight, didn't I? Well...I will anyway." He laughed again.

Stella thought of JB pleading for her not to go on this date and her pinky promise to be home before he woke up the next day. Her heart ached for the little boy she loved who would now be all alone. She started to say a mental prayer that he would be well taken care of and that he wouldn't be too sad without her.

"Look at me Stella." He climbed on top of her and forced her right eye open with his hand. She could feel the rubber gloves he was wearing as he forced the knife into her flesh, "Don't worry sweetheart, you'll pass out from the pain soon enough."

~MEANWHILE~

Eva was trying to keep her fear under control at the sound of the man yelling at her from the other side of her door. Joelynn ran downstairs after she heard screaming outside and she was shocked to see Eva standing against the door while someone was banging on it.

"What the hell is going on?" she asked.

Eva shook her head while the person behind the door shouted, "Open the door! I just want to talk to you!"

Eva shouted, "I have the cops on the line you asshole!"

Suddenly it became quiet. The banging had stopped. Eva felt like she was in the eye of a hurricane and the horrible part had passed but there was still more to come. She waited a few more beats before stepping away from the door.

Joelynn was scared. She walked towards Eva and asked, "Are you okay?"

Eva had the phone in her hand. She told the 911 operator that she was going to hang up and wait for the cops.

As Eva clicked the button to end the call, she took one more step away from the door when she heard, "I'm sorry I scared you Eva." The voice was calm but Eva jumped in fear. "Eva. Open the door please. I'm not here to hurt you."